Fights and Promises

Start from the beginning

Murderer.

Pull yourself together, he ordered shutting down the feelings that threatened to undo him completely Draco closed everything off to cope he then waved his wand and incinerated the body. He couldn't have the others wondering what had become of their compatriot.

Let them think that it was the order...

"What did you do?" demanded Granger from behind him.

"I had to get rid of the body," Draco answered her without looking back.

"You...killed him?" He could hear the surprise in her voice tinged with disapproval.

"Yes I killed him!" Draco spun around. "I didn't do it on purpose but if I had to do it again I would. It was him or me." It was him or you... "Or didn't you notice that he was trying to kill me as I was trying to rescue you?!"

"And what about the others?" she asked, a tremble in her voice. He noticed that she had purposefully ignored his last question.

"What about the others?"

"Are you going to kill them too?" there was an odd hollowness to her voice even though she clearly expected the worst from him.

"No!" Draco snapped and then he looked at her. "Who the hell do you think I am?" He shook his head.

He couldn't remain calm, he tried to, he tried to keep the damn tight over his emotions but she was pushing him and he couldn't handle it. Not now. Not after what he had just done.

"I have had every fucking chance to make your life a living hell and I haven't taken it." He practically yelled at her. "You said you heard the conversation between me and Snape and yet your acting like you don't give a shit that I have risked absolutely everything for you."

"No you haven't," Granger shot back.

"Haven't I? What more could I do?" Demanded Draco.

"You could let me go," she answered.

"Don't be daft Granger," Draco scoffed. "You're better than that. You know exactly why I can't let you go."

"Because you're afraid of him," she challenged. "Because you're afraid that he'll torture you the way he tortured me."

"I would gladly take your place!" Draco yelled. His voice booming leaving a heavy silence in its wake.

"No you wouldn't..." Granger finally whispered.

"Yes," Draco stepped towards her. "I would." He put all the conviction of his heart behind the words and he saw her hear it in his voice. Saw her face change as she tried to process it.

You are playing with fire Draco, she still hates you now. She's still safe don't ruin that.

Her hating him was a shield. Protection against the Dark Lord, but after everything that had just happened Draco couldn't bear it. This, chaos, this...place he was trapped in, was all too much and he needed to let the words out:

"If you had just stayed...I already figured out a way to solve this," he said shaking his head.

"What having me just give up and stay your prisoner?" she demanded.

"No," Draco shook his head and knelt in front of her so that they were almost eye level. "When your friends come to take you, you have to convince them to take me too."

"What?" Granger recoiled. "You're joking," her voice was incredulous. "What the hell would that solve? All that would do is put you in a position to have them beat the life out of you for what you have done to me."