Chapter 2

No one's POV:
It was his last week at UA before he went to America for his four-month exchange student program. Kirishima was anxious and excited about the program but he was reluctant to leave his friends. He sat at the lunch table with the Baku-squad, letting his mind wander. He didn't tell the others how long he would be gone because he didn't want them to try and talk him into staying because they would miss him. He was brought back by a swift smack to the back of the head.

"Oi, shit head, pay attention. She was talking to you." Baku grumbled and slouched back in his seat.

"Heh, sorry. I was staring off in space I guess." Kirishima responded rubbing the back of his neck. He turned back to listen to Mina and her ramblings about complete nonsense that always made the redhead laugh. Then she turned to Kirishima and started asking about his program host.

"So, what's your host like? What's his quirk? What school will you two be going to? Does he have a big house? Does he have any siblings? Is he..." Mina was cut off by Kirishima waving his arms in front of him.

"I have no idea, I've never met him obviously. I bet he's cool though. I mean I hope he is anyway." Kiri replied taking a big breath in attempt to not freak out or overthink the situation.

"What if he's like giant and uses you as a foot rest, or a punching bag? He could be like the meanest dude ever." Denki halfway screams across the table while forcefully standing up, almost landing on the floor.

"I bet Kiri could take him if that were the case." Sero mentioned while smacking Kirishima on the back.

"I highly doubt he's like that, but I guess we will just have to see when I get there." Kirishima stated as the group began to head back to their class.

"So, do you know how long you will be gone?" Mina questions, walking backwards in front of the group.

"I'm not really sure, but I know it will be longer than a week." Kirishima quickly replied so that they wouldn't ask him more questions. He didn't want to tell them he would be away for four months because he knows Mina and Denki would cry and in turn he would cry which would be a huge mess.

"Well, I guess we will see you when you get back." Sero smiles and bumps Kiri with his shoulder.

"If you come back that is." Denki says in a "spooky voice" while wiggling his fingers around.

"I will kill you." Bakugou bluntly states, glaring at Denki. Kirishima chuckles and shakes his head. He was gonna miss his friends over the next four months.

Time skip to after Kirishima is on his way to America:

Kirishima went to the airport early on a Friday and his friends went to wish him farewell. When they went to class later that morning, it already felt weird without Kirishima. The remaining Baku-squad were uneasy since their redhead full of sunshine wasn't in class. When class began someone asked how long Kirishima would be gone and Aizawa replied bluntly.
"Four months." he stated seeming unamused.
"FOUR MONTHS?!" The squad yelled while standing up and slamming their hands down on the desks. The rest of the class was also shocked by how long he would be gone. They all decided that these were going to be a long and odd four months.

Time skip to a few days before Kiri gets back:
It would only be a few days until Kirishima got back from America. His classmates made sure to keep up with him while he was gone. He sent them pictures, videos, and even little gifts from America. He seemed to be having the time of his life with his host family. All his classmates missed him and couldn't wait for him to get back and meet his host since he also came to Japan for a while. The class counted the days until he got back and they all were buzzing with excitement.