01. It's the sign of the times

I always believed there was a hidden meaning behind the way someone smiled, laughed, cried. How even a simple smirk can mean so much more. How one crease in the eye could have a totally different message.

I think understanding those things can become the pathway to a person's soul. A pathway to connection. One night, I heard his cry, and my whole life changed. I only wished I knew it was the sign of the times.

Pun intended.

Two Years Ago

Disney+ is a great invention. It really is. Currently, Phineas and Ferb is playing on my laptop that I managed to grab from home. My screen illuminating the dark hotel room as Dr. Doofenshmirtz was welcoming Perry The Platypus, who just barged into Doofenshmirtz evil inc. I had to hand it to Doofenshmirtz, he never gives up. His plans always fail and yet he still continues on, coming up with idiotically smart inventions.

Maybe it was because he knew Perry would always come. Perry, his only source at a true connection.

Woah, my mind gets deep at 3 am.

And right as Doofenshmirtz was about to say one of his infamous lines; "Ah, Perry the Platypus, your timing-" his voice was drowned out by the screaming of vultures outside the hotel.

Seriously?

Who dare interrupt my Phineas and Ferb time??

But I knew who, as I climbed out of bed and walked over to the window.

It was his damn posse.

I looked out the window and spotted a large group of screamers with large ass signs that took up their whole body. What. The. Fuck?

I got interrupted from my show, because these spazzed out fans couldn't keep it together for one night?

What the fuckery is this?

Well, fools on them since he's not even staying at this hotel. HA!

Ugh, I really need to get a life if the only way I get excited is through making his fans unhappy. I've always been that way though. I somehow enjoyed watching people's faces go from excited to disappointed. Maybe I'm a sociopath. Nah, I get too emotionally invested whenever I see videos of animals being/getting hurt on facebook.

Animal tested makeup is not the way, man. Totally not cool.

I'm shocked that those people found the hotel so fast. We've only been here for less than a day. The tour starts up tomorrow. We were currently in Chicago, for the Treat People With Kindness tour starring the infamous, Harry Styles.

We're in Chicago for the next two days and I have to be ready to leave the hotel to go to the venue by 3 pm. Normally, it's not that early but since it's the first show of this years tour, extra preparation is needed.

Also Starbucks will definitely be needed.

I've only been a roadie for, um, well a week. I was at a college in Washington when I made the rather hasty, and given-no-thought-at-all, decision to dropout. I quit with no plan of action of what to do next and it was one of the best decisions I ever made.

I wanted to actually live life. To see what I could make out of it. And I wasn't going to be able to do that in a classroom.

So, my stepdad knew a guy, who knew a guy, and somehow I got into the role of being a roadie for Harry Styles. The Harry Styles. My stepdad wasn't pleased about finding his daughter eating in the kitchen when he got home from work. Especially considering it was a school day.