17 ~ Soup For The Sick [unedited]

Start from the beginning

"Dammit," she cursed loudly and I winced at the noise.

"Lexi, don't worry about it, I'll manage," I told her and she sighed.

"Okay, just tell me if something's wrong and update me every hour- Goddammit, stop pulling your sister's hair! Sorry, Thea, I have to go, bye, love you!" I heard her say and then the call came to an abrupt stop.

Oh. Okay then.

I gently picked Chiko up and put him down on the floor. I attempted to stand up once again and immediately felt nauseous. Leaning against the wall for support, I dragged myself to the bathroom.

Looking in the mirror, I could see that my skin had turned pale rather than its usual rosy self and my lips were purple and chapped. Ignoring the fact that I looked like a mess, I exited the room, shuddering uncontrollably.

My headache only grew as I opened the fridge to grab a bottle of water and cool air hit me.

With the bottle in my hand, I staggered towards the chair, black dots lining my view. However, before I could reach the chair, a harsh wave of dizziness hit me and I stumbled to the ground, hitting my head hard against the marble floor. I could only groan in pain as my vision turned black and Chiko meowed near me in worry.

~

"Thea! Fuck, wake up!" I could feel someone shaking me and I grunted as I shifted, feeling a penetrating pain in my head.

"Thank God!" The voice said again and I opened my eyes, squinting as light entered my vision.

"Jonah?" I let out in a raspy voice, recognizing his stormy grey eyes.

"Yeah, it's me. I'm gonna pick you up, okay?" he said and I nodded, unable to speak anymore. I could feel his hands slide under me and he stood up with me in his hands with ease.

He gently set me down on my bed, ignoring the mess around it and on it now.

"I'm gonna be back with some water and shit, okay?" Jonah told me and left the room, coming back a moment later with a packet of wipes, a bottle of water, and a bag of frozen peas in his arms. I eagerly chugged down all the water and set the empty bottle on my nightstand.

"I didn't see an ice bag anywhere so I guess peas will have to do for now," he spoke, handing me the cold bag and I chuckled, holding it against the huge bruise on my head.

Jonah slowly eased my legs to the side and sat in front of me. Leaning towards me, he began to clean my face with a wipe.

"When did you get here?" I asked him, my voice coming out raspy and rough.

"A few minutes ago. Lexi called me and told me you felt unwell. I came here as soon as I could."

"Oh."

"You scared me, Thea. Your skin was pale and cold, it still is but when you were unconscious-" He gently took a hold of my hand in his warm ones.

"Just never do that again, call me whenever if you need someone, be it 3 am in the fucking morning. You could've gotten a more serious concussion than this. Don't ever think you're a bother to someone, okay? At least not to me. I know how that mind of yours works so dump that stupid thought out."

I only smiled as I looked at him, worry evident in his face. "Okay," I whispered and he smiled, caressing my cheek.

Jonah stood up once again and threw the dirty wipe in the trash. He took out a clean sweatshirt from my closet and handed it to me to wear, turning around to give me some privacy while I quickly changed.

"Turn over," Jonah instructed and I complied, confusion etched over my face at what he was doing. Jonah simply grinned at me and began to gently brush my hair, smoothing out all the tangles.