1 ~ New Beginnings

(Past Thea) - 7 years old

The girl went skipping along the pathway, with her balloon in hand. Happy is how someone would describe the little girl with her pink, frilly dress and carefree nature.

One minute she was obsessing over a cute, little puppy on the sidewalk while the next she was chasing my balloon which had slipped from her grasp and was flying away.

After about 30 seconds of running, she lost hope and sat down, pouting and puffing her cheeks out with a big fat tear rolling down them.

"Is this yours?"

She looked up to a boy, his hands on his bare knees as he was wearing a t-shirt and shorts, he was gazing down at her, his face flushed, maybe because he was blushing or because he was panting.

The girl's green eyes lit up and she stood, taking the balloon from him, after making sure it was her balloon and not some imposter, she looked at the boy and whispered.

"Thank you," this was accompanied by a toothy grin.

The boy rubbed his neck in a nervous manner and mumbled, "Your welcome."

Suddenly, the girl hugged him, crushing him in her tiny arms, the boy was too shocked by her sudden show of affection that in the end, he froze.

After moving back, the girl noticed a small cut on his knee, she gasped, "What happened?".

The boy glanced down and blushed, muttering, "It's nothing, I just fell down while I was chasing your balloon."

The little girl frowned at the fact he got hurt because of her but smiled when she remembered the Hello Kitty bandaids she kept in her purse.

She raised a finger, telling him to wait then took one of them out along with some sanitizer, "My mommy says whenever someone's got a boo-boo we should clean it up then put a bandaid over it, should I?"

The boy nodded, partly because he couldn't bear to say no to her angelic face.

She knelt down and rubbed some sanitizer over his cut with a tissue because of which he flinched and then she gently put a bandaid over it.

"All better," she exclaimed, putting her hands on her hips.

"Do you like Hello Kitty?"

The boy scrunched up his nose at the question and the tiny girl giggled at how cute he looked.

"Everyone says it's for girls but I like it only a bit" he held up two of his finger with an inch in between, a gesture to show the amount of his love for Hello Kitty.

"Ooh! And I also like Iron Man and Batman, they're so cool and they're also rich," he continued and grinned. We talked for a while, sitting under a willow tree. It was so much fun.