Sacred (Husband Levi x Queen Reader)

Start from the beginning

Levi remained silent.

"Hey," you murmured, feeling a lump rise in your throat. You gently cupped his cheek in your hand, turning his face to look at you. "Do you want to leave me?" you asked.

Pain shone clearly in his eyes. "Of course not," he stated, placing a hand on top of yours, holding you to him. "I love you."

Your expression softened. You wrapped him in your arms, cherishing the simple fact that he was here, with you. "I love you, too," you whispered.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Over the next several days, whenever you saw Levi, he still seemed sad. You tried your best to comfort him each time – showing how much you loved him, promising that you would never leave. For a short while, your efforts seemed to pay off. But then he would slip back into his melancholy.

Almost a week after the initial conversation, Levi entered your sitting room, just in time for your evening tea. You had been expecting him, and everything was already laid out on the table. Except, when Levi reached your side, he didn't sit with you. Instead, he handed you a thin, manila folder.

"What's this?" you asked, looking up at him questioningly. However, he kept his eyes averted, and his emotionless expression made it impossible for you to tell what he was thinking.

Seeing that he wasn't going to answer, you turned your attention to the folder. You set it down on the table in front of you, opening it to reveal the documents within. And once you realized what those documents were, you gasped. Tears filled your wide, (e/c) eyes.

"Why?" you asked, your head snapping up to look at Levi. But he was already walking away from you.

No, no, no. This couldn't be happening. It couldn't...

You shot to your feet. "You said you didn't want to leave!" you rasped, feeling the tears spill down your cheeks.

Levi stopped. Without looking at you, he muttered, "You're a queen, (f/n). You should have a king at your side. It's what Paradis needs."

"Like hell!" you screamed. "I told you that there are other ways to make allies! Please don't go, Levi. You promised..." You choked on a sob, and you swallowed, trying to find your voice again. "You promised that you would always love me."

His head bowed. "I will always love you," he stated, his stoic voice starting to crack. "But this country would be better off if you were free to marry someone else." He sighed. "Just sign the papers, (f/n)." With that, he started to walk out again.

You stumbled after him, shaking from head to toe. Your body was growing weaker with each passing second as fear overtook you. This couldn't be happening. Levi couldn't leave. You couldn't survive without him. You couldn't...

"Don't do this!" you cried. "Please!"

But he didn't stop.

Desperate, you grabbed his wrist, pulling him to a stop just as your knees gave out. You fell to the floor, bowing your head low. Begging. "Please," you whimpered as your tears dripped onto the carpet. "Please don't leave me alone. I love you."

It seemed that Levi couldn't stay strong any longer. When he saw you before him – a proud and honorable queen, begging on her knees – his heart broke.

He barked a curse, dropping to the floor in front of you and pulling you into his arms. "Don't do that," he murmured desperately, tears filling his own eyes. "I'm sorry. I didn't know. I thought..." He took a shaky breath, and his throat constricted. "Please don't cry. I love you. Please..."