CH23:ICE CREAM AT ONE

CHAPTER 23

NOT PROOF READ! If there are mistakes notify me through the comments section and I will fix it before the next update...

--

As Taehyung reached back to his house, he expected to be met with Jimin's bone crushing hug. They had promised each other that they would meet today in his house cause the elder had something important to tell him. On seeing the quite house, he knew that Namjoon hyung was home so he went straight to him, without even changing. It had been quite a while since he had last seen Namjoon because of the work and also his hyung being with Jin half the time. As he entered his hyung's room, he saw his hyung on the bed, eyes closed.

Not wanting to disturb, Taehyung was about to leave quietly but stopped mid track when he heard Namjoon's voice. "Come in Taehyung-ah. I was waiting for you only." He was surprised, as he had seen his hyung was with his eyes closed. How did he know that Taehyung had come in? nevertheless, he still went inside and stood infront of the bed, looking at the still asleep form of Namjoon.

Not hearing anything else, he thought he had just imagined the voice and was leaving when Namjoon sat up straight on his bed.

KNJ

"Come and sit here TaeTae." I called to him. It had been quite sometime since I had talked to him and I felt bad, knowing that I was the reason for this sudden distance and awkwardness. He used to barge into my room anytime anyday and just lay down beside me, irrespective of whether I was in deep sleep or in some work.

I could see his hesitance before finally sitting down beside me, but I was not satisfied since he sat at a distance. So I pulled him closer and made him lay down with his head on my lap. "It has been years since we last talked Tae. And you are still going away from me?"

Taehyung pouted in reply. He may be mature and stone cold in front of others. Even Yunki. He could be playful and mischievous to everyone, but to me he will always be a winter bear. The bear who I couldn't leave alone and neither did he want to be left alone once I took him in my arms. He could never throw tantrums at me, he could never be the mature Taehyung he is to everyone else or be the stone cold Taehyung he is in his office to me. he was always just a baby, only in front of my eyes. The baby I had raised since I was 9 and he is 8.

"How did you know I came in hyung?" I chuckled at his silly question

"Its been fifteen years Taehyung-ah. Even if you were to experience the slightest of discomfort in any end of the world, I would still know. Are you forgetting who I am already?" I said. Mischief was something Taehyung got after spending most of his time with me.

He shook his head and just smiled. "I didn't want to disturb you. I know you are exhausted from work so I was going to leave quietly, but you woke up." His reply, sure was shocking cause it hadn't been two months since he had said the exact opposite. 'I don't care if you are exhausted or on your death bed. You are spending time with me and that time is right now!' I smiled at what remained just a memory in my head.

"Who are you and what did you do to my baby brother Taetae?" I questioned him with an accusing finger pointing at him. He got what I was trying to say and sassed back. Something he had completely learnt from Yunki hyung for sure. "Died one month ago when you went away with Jinnie hyung." And crossed over his arms, to show sign of anger.

"Sorry Taetae! I promise to spend more time with you from now okay?" and that's all it took for him to give his smile back. The smile that I had always wanted to see, and have always seen as well since I was 9. It may have disappeared somewhere in between, but I always made sure it came back to him.

"So, how is my baby doing on this fine day?" and that was all it took for him to recite everything that happened in the past two months, including the arrival of a specific someone in his life, by the name of Jeon Jeungguk. I will look into his profile and background later on.

KTH

After having finished reciting everything to hyung, I now asked the question that was pondering in my mind since I saw hyung in the room.

"So hyung, did Jinnie hyung kick you out of the house, again?" yes. Again. This wasn't the first time it was going to happen if he had been kicked out. The first time was because he was clumsy and had broken Jin hyung's favourite spatula. Hyung hadn't allowed Namjoon hyung to even step anywhere near the locality after that for a week. And after that, all the other times were also because of his clumsiness.

He wacked my head and shook his head. "No. I came here to talk to you baby bear. And to spend some time with you. Yunki doesn't return until tomorrow. He is with Jimin and had called me to say so. Some emergency and something along that line. Told me to take care of you until he comes back."

I hummed, but then another question rose in my head. "Hyung is everything fine? Did something happen to Jimin? is that the emergency? Shit, hyung should I go mee-" and I was cut off with hyung's hands on my mouth.

"You talk too much Taetae. Everything is fine, that brat just wanted some time alone with Jimin that's all. He told you to be there at 11 tomorrow morning. In Jimin's house. They had something to tell you."

I hummed again, closing my eyes and almost drifting off to sleep until something struck my thought. "Hyung! I am going to tell Yunki hyung, you disrespected him and also didn't call him hyung!" threatening time!!

KNJ

This devil!

"You wouldn't dare to Taetae. You know I love you right? Who would get you ice cream once Yunki hyung kills me because of this??" and just like that, I fell for Taehyung's trick and we went to have ice cream at 1 in the morning. He could really be manipulative sometimes. Wonder, where he gets that from!

We talked and talked, shared laughter's and tears till 5 in the morning until we fell asleep together on my bed.

--

so far, one of my most favourite chapters!

also, the book is coming to an end very soon....

~ice💙