" Stay still," (Y/N) brushed her fingertips on his wound, the piece of cloth falling to her thigh.

The ravenette took a peek at her actions as he tried to maintain his balance. His eyes roamed around her features, observing and assessing. Maybe it was the way she willingly used her own veil to help him, or maybe it was just the way she spoke that hushed him to listen. Either way, he was just overthinking everything silently.

" When was the last time you ate?"

" I- uh..." he looked up to escape her gaze, " Uhm... maybe two weeks ago. I'm not exactly sure."

" That explains it," (Y/N) remained to put effort to fold the veil around his ankle. It was like she knew what she was doing, though he wasn't so sure if she actually did.

" Why did you save me?" he tried to strike up a conversation, but all he could hear was just the sound of his rapid heart that sounded anxious rather than fearful, and the cloak of tranquility above them.

She gave out a mirthful, soft grin, " You're still on with the questioning? But I suppose this question sounds less dumb," the female stopped for a brief second before her hands moved once again, " Someone as clueless as you may not realize it, but you catch the attention of many though you're weak and feeble like a helpless hamster," her pale hands that once held his ankle opened, and his feet was released from her touch, " One-eyed ghouls are supremely unique in this world."

" But... why?"

" That's a stupid question," she stood up from the ground. She was waiting for whatever his response was going to be, not looking anywhere else, her (e/c) eyes fixated on his gray ones.

The black-haired male was lured into her magnetic gaze for a temporary instant, but it wasn't long before her eyes caught the scene of his legs starting to wobble.

" I feel...drowsy," his voice began to turn inaudible with each word he spoke, and (Y/N) raised her eyebrow in acknowledgment, " My limbs feel-"

Kaneki gave out a husky gasp and leaned forward, his face mere inches away from hers. His breath was heavy when he leaned toward her. His lips barely brush against her skin, and she could feel his breath against her neck. She gave out a discouraged sigh, still, she held him firmly.

" You're damn problematic."

" Seriously! I feel really tired!"

" So you're suggesting I carry you?" she spoke, having to bear his entire weight on her arms, " How fuckin' funny."

(Y/N) was not in the slightest bit fragile, and the claim was defended with the time three years ago when she decided to maltreat an assailant by lighting a tiny match to flare every inch of his skin for twenty consecutive days. The reason was unknown, but during the day he died, and the hour her underlings had to clean her mess up and tremble at her figure leaving the sanguinary boudoir, she was reported to have left the room undisturbed. And the man's final piece managed to make one gag every so often.

But her aftertime now was spent putting effort to carry the male, who was resting behind her. He ended up perching comfortably on her back. Their bodies were interwoven, and her unwavering hands assisted his legs as they solely walked around the wards. His hand was clinging to her shoulder, and the stiff clasp seemed to relax.

She questioned, " Where do you live?"

" It's in this cafe called Anteiku in the 20th Ward. It's not really my house though," he looked to the side, trying to move his injured ankle.