Robin tensed, as her smile nearly fell off her face. Her eyes gleamed with something dangerous, almost unhinged, as I called her out.

"Maybe, you'd reconsider? She really is struggling and could use your help," Robin urged.

Something tickled in the back of my mind, like a forewarning of sorts. My instincts kicked into gear, as I narrowed my eyes. My heart began to pace rapidly in my chest, as blood rushed to my ears. Memories of my mother hovering over me, choking me, filtered in my mind, before I blinked them away. My throat seemed to grow warm, as if her ghostly touch was reminding me I was here. "Sure. I'll keep that in mind next time."

I wanted to end this conversation. Things seemed off. There was something about Robin in my room alone that was setting off alarm bells and I was beginning to get the message that Robin wasn't leaving this room until she got the answer she wanted.

"So you'll help Elaina, then," Robin said, but it was more of a command than anything else.

"I'm not helping Elaina cheat," I answered firmly, slightly annoyed by the direction of this conversation. "She already pays kids at school to—"

Slap.

My head whipped to the side, shock and disbelief holding me still. Tension mounted, as I realized what Robin had done.

She slapped me.

My gaze was pinned to the floor, as I struggled to regain my breathing. This couldn't be happening could it? It was a hard, resounding slap, my cheek reddening, as I began to feel the first stirrings of a headache, like she rattled the brain inside my skull. How did a woman like her possess such strength? I could feel the heat, as I lifted my hand to my cheek. Tears began to gather in my eyes.

I slowly looked up, as Robin looked down at me, seemingly satisfied, like it was right of her to have done what she had. Suddenly, her façade made sense. She put so much effort into her appearance to mask her true nature.

She was a bitch, just like her daughter. They were one in the same.

"Do we have an understanding?" Robin answered, with her fake as hell smile.

"What understanding?" I asked her, as I stood up angrily. Confusion, fear, embarrassment and most of all anger swirled in my mind. "You just fucking slapped me."

Robin tsked, shaking her head. "You shouldn't curse, you know—"

"You shouldn't hit minors, you know."

The threat was there, as Robin narrowed her gaze. She took one step towards, me towering over me, which was hard, considering I was nearly her height. "Sometimes a little force is necessary to foster young minds in the right direction."

"You're joking, right?" I said. "Once dad finds out—"

"He'll do what?" Robin challenged quietly. "Your dad will agree with me. It's what you deserved for the way you treated your sister."

What was this woman smoking? I wasn't sure, but I felt the need to flee. She was dangerous and something sinister appeared in her gaze. "Get out of my room," I hissed at her.

"You'll do Elaina's homework and you'll make sure she does a good job," Robin spoke.

"Or what?" I questioned her.