Chapter 1: Jake

The name's Jake Cooper. But, of course, I presume you already knew that. If you don't know the hottest guy in Goode High, you don't know anyone or anything.
No one at Goode doesn't recognise me, with my sandy-coloured hair, my perfectly tanned face, my icy blue eyes. Many girls have been obsessed with me, falling over themselves in an attempt to win my heart. But I've turned them all down, because only one is worthy of being my girlfriend: Annabeth Chase.
Let me give you the basics. Annabeth is the hottest girl ever to set foot on the Earth. Her honey-blonde curls are usually tied back in a ponytail, but when she lets them down they cascade down her back and frame her light golden face. Her deep, stormy grey eyes tell you instantly that she is not one to mess with. Annabeth is freakishly smart and super popular. In short, we'd make the perfect couple. I liked her and she obviously liked me back. After all, who wouldn't?
So, as soon as the bell rang, and Annabeth was walking out of the door, I fell into step with her and swung my arm around her shoulder. "So, Annie," I began, "how's your day?"
Annabeth's jaw tightened and she seemed to be walking at a quicker pace. "My day is fine, thank you," she replied.
Right, I thought. Time to get to the point.
"So, listen, Annie. You know how you've been wanting to go out with me for ages?"
"Umm..."
"Well, today's your lucky day! Where do you wanna go on our romantic first date? The movies? My place? That fancy restaurant by the clothing store?"
"Listen, Jake, I-"
"It's so obvious that you're obsessed with me! You don't have to deny it any longer."
Suddenly she pulled herself away from me and turned to face me. Her grey eyes didn't look all that happy.
"You shut your stupid mouth for once and listen to me," she demanded, her voice sounding like it was trying hard to resist shouting. "One: I already have a boyfriend. Two: even if I didn't I would never go out with you in a million years. And three: do me a favour and LEAVE ME ALONE!"
I was lost for words for a few moments, but I quickly snapped out of my state of shock.
"Excuses, excuses," I said as I rolled my eyes. "Who is this 'boyfriend' of yours, anyway?" I imagined some ugly little nerd who'd lose a fight against a little fly.
"He's over there," Annabeth answered, smiling all of a sudden.
I turned around and saw that the guy she was smiling at was not an ugly little nerd. He had windswept, raven-black hair and a tanned face studded with sea-green eyes. He was tall, lean and muscular, and he started to walk towards... oh no... Annabeth.
I looked back at my crush to find that her grin had widened and she was beginning to run towards the black-haired boy, who was smiling from ear to ear too. Annabeth flung herself into the boy's open arms. "I missed you, Seaweed Brain," I heard her mumble.
No, no, no!!! I thought. No one EVER rejects Jake Cooper! I pinched myself several times, in the hope that it was all a dream. No such luck.
Someday I'll get back at her for that. I'll get back at both of them. But deep down, even I know, from what little I saw, that nothing can come between love like that.