Chapter 17: rebirth vs retribution

Y/n POV

Me and riser stand in our place. Never moving never speaking. His peerage had to be called back for medical as well as Issei. Our goals battles each other's.

"I won't let the girls be slaves to you Riser." I say to him.

"I am uniting the most powerful families in the underworld! I will be able to protect my people from the angels and fallen angels!" He says to me.

I close my eyes as I look down.

"You May believe that Riser. But a person's happiness stands above all else. How you bring peace if the people you protect can't experience it themselves?" I ask him.

He says nothing as he ignited his wings. I ready my fists. There a brief silence in the arena as the audience watched with anticipated breath.

Then we both charged.

Before our fists connected I had a memory flash.

Flashback

After I woke again I felt, different. I felt more powerful.

"Good your awake." Judgement says.

"I think it worked. Did it?" I ask her.

"Yes. Yes it did." She says.

"You physical abilities have improve by 5 fold. Not as powerful as me or lucifer's but still you are powerful to an extent. Also to keep in mind magic is especially painful. Take a regular flame for example that pain you once felt multiply it by 10" she explains.

Flashback end

As we exchanged blows I feel his flames sear into my skin. It's burns so much that I already feel my conscious leaving me. But I stand my ground as I knock Riser away with a kick.

"Demons are weak against devil and angel magic. Which means Riser shall easily win this match." He says laughing.

"Keep talking Riser and I'll rip your bottom jaw out and stab you in the eye with it!" I grab a rock and I throw it hitting in the arm breaking it.

He laughs once more as it rapidly heals. I growl in annoyance as I run to him once again. He throws fireballs at me making me stagger. Flying close to me he head it's me creating a explosion knocking me away.

Then another memory flashed.

Flashback

"How have managed this Judgment?" I ask her.

"By using the sins you have accumulated I have used them to transform your body into a vessel worthy of demon power." She explains.

I look at my hands as I turn them from back and forth. But then I ask her a new question.

"Judgement, Lucifer, Pan. Everyone in this room is a demon of something. But what am I the demon of?"

Flashback end

I emerge from the rubble coughing up blood as I stand once more.

'Just need to get close.' I think to myself.

Riser hovers in the air laughing. Little to my knowledge that the devils watching this fight were also laughing.

Rias pov

I watch as y/n is getting beaten by Riser. He was gone for so long and now he chooses to show himself?

"Why y/n? Why did run away?" I ask.

"Maybe you can tell him when this match is over." A voice says behind me.

Me and my peerage turn around to see demons walking through the doors. I gain a angered expression as I see Lucifer enter.

"Why are YOU here!?" I demanded. They only laugh before speaking?

"Why we are here to watch the match of course." She replies. I was about to speak when I hear grunts of pain behind me. I turn to see that y/n is badly wounded and is bleeding heavily.

"Don't worry he'll be fine." One of them says.

I look in confusion. But another speaks.

"Watch carefully." I look at y/n to see him, smiling?

Y/n POV

"Almost head it there." I say through the pain.

"Just face it you can't defeat Riser!" He says confidently. He lowers himself to the ground before walking towards my body.

"You demons are all the same. Just because you existed here long before us devils. Doesn't mean that you are invincible." Be says stopping in front my body.

"You should know you place before picking a fight with a Phoenix." He says kneeling readying a flame blade.

"Now you will pay for your sins and suffer where you belong!" He yells.

In this scenario I would've begged for mercy. But do you want know what I did?

I laughed. Going from a chuckle to bursting out laughing.

"What is so amusing to your demon?" He asks disgusted.

"It's funny." I speak weakly.

"During this whole fight you have beating me to the core." I continue.

"But there is one thing I forgot to mention." I say leaning closer.

In that very moment the wind stopped and the crowd went silent. They all watched intently as my next words decided the outcome. I leaned closer and I said.

"I can't pay for my sins twice." I then threw a right hook throwing him back into a wall smashing it.

I get up as I crack my knuckles. Dusting myself off as I stand tall and proud. Riser gets up as he looks at me in shock.

"You wanted to know what I found funny huh?" I say as he charges.

As our fist collided he used his fire but I was unfazed. He turned his head in shock.

"It was you. Riser." I grabbed his throat and I smashed him into the ground and threw him. He regains his composure before charging once more.

I slide on my knees as I dodge his left hook.

"You have me the power I needed." I jabbed his left side.

"I never knew my true purpose. Until now." I hit his right eye.

"All I ever wanted was peace. But instead something else found me." I kicked the back his leg forcing him to kneel.

"When my parents died all I could ever think about was revenge." He retaliated by knocking me back.

"But when I got my vengeance I felt empty. That was until I found about my sins." He threw fireballs at me but I batted them away.

"Most of my sins were about revenge and death." We both run at each other ready to pierce the other's heart.

"So when I was resurrected I was given a title!" We near each other before it ended. Riser looked down to see that I hit him in the heart with his own fire.

"I. Am. The demon of.

Retribution."

From there he fell unconscious.