Chapter 7: truth revealed

Jack pov

It's been a month ever since y/n shut those girls out. It's really infuriating. All they wanted to do was help them yet he somehow manages to make them hate him. All of this stemmed from his previous girlfriends.

I getting tired of his tough guy act. I'm going to find out what exactly happened. I have a clue on why. But I'm going to need him to drop the facade.

I close up the bar and I get in my car. Driving off I head on over to y/n's home. Something doesn't add up here.

He always gives information making us think that those exes are evil. Yet when he says it he looks like he was about to cry. Not from anger but from sadness. Like he hates himself for insulting them.

"Y/n. Your hiding something from us."

Y/n POV
Dreamscape

I stand in my house on knees. Tears fall as I ale in the scene. My house was a mess. Blood covered the walls. In front of me were two bodies. In cried my eyes out. The scene was too much for me to endure.

Then a new emotion pulls out another scene.

I stand in the middle of an open area. Bullet holes, blood, and fire cover the building as rain seeps through the open roof. Multiple bodies lay motionless. I walk through them as I see a live person.

He was crawling was a hand on his stomach wound. He turns to see me as he grows terrified. I hold a gun in my right hand. I stand over the person as I turn him over and he looks into my eyes.

"L-l-look. We were ordered to do it! The clients wanted it done." He says pleading.

"If you wanted to live then you should've never have done it." I say as I pull the trigger.

"your clients are next." I say to myself.

Reality

I wake up to that dream again. It happened again. That memory is engraved into me. I can't get rid of it. I get up out of my bed as I head to the bathroom.

I turn on the water and I wash my face off. When I turned the water off I wiped off my face and I looked into the mirror.

There I see a version of myself but more evil.

"You had that dream again didn't you?" He says.

"Yes. I had it again." I reply.

"Why do you tolerate it? They took your family away! Yet you killed all of those people except those who ordered the kill. Why?" He asks me. I turn away.

"Because I saw the wrong in it. I saw the damage that I had caused. Now I won't do it again." I answer.

"But what will you do when they find you? Your exes. What will you do when you finally meet them again?" My other self asks.

"Nothing cause I'll run away. I'll find a new home." I say.

"Y/n. You can't keep running from them. You'll have to face them someday." He says.

"I just want to go to sleep. Goodnight." I say.

"Goodnight y/n but heed my words. One day they will come." He says. I look back at the mirror only to see myself again.

That was my past self. Ever since what happened he was always there. He keeps trying to persuade me. But I keep resisting. He is not a bad guy. He cares for me when I'm down. He was the only friend I have left.

I went to go to bed but I heard a knock at my door. Who could be up at this hour? Opening the door. I see jack in front of me.

"Y/n we need to talk." He says.

We walk out to my docks. From there he begins.

"Y/n. Why? Why would you push away those girls? They were trying to help you." He says.

"Because. I hate harems." I say.

"Why!? All you said was that your previous girls betrayed you." He retorts.

"Yeah that's right. So what?" I ask.

"I'm calling bullshit y/n. Your hiding the truth about what really happened. And I want to know why." My eyes widen.

"It's late jack. You need to sleep." I say walking home. But Jack grabs my shoulder.

"Y/n. What really happened?" He asks in a stern voice.

"Everyone in town knows your in pain. So let it all out. Why are you like this? What happened between you and the girls that's caused you to become who you are now?" He asks.

Breathing in and out. He let's go. I then take a seat as he does as well. I never thought I would actually tell him.

"Your right I was lying when I said they betrayed me." I begin.

"Because in truth.

I betrayed them."