Ch.5

Lily POV

I didn't expect him to respond so confidently, it took me by surprise.

"Seriously?"

Sunwoo: "Yes."

"Um... wow, okay. I don't know how to talk about this."

Sunwoo: "Just say whatever is on your mind about this."

"Well um... my parents weren't the greatest. In fact, they were the worst. They were really strict and I mean really. They used to beat me, starve me, lock me in a dark room unless I obeyed their every rule. I couldn't slip up once, sometimes they would give me a scolding as a warning which is why I have a habit of apologizing when I'm scolded."

He stayed silent for a few minutes but when he spoke, I was shocked.

Sunwoo: "Well, they shouldn't have done that. Especially not to you. Nothing like that will happen to you while you're with us. I promise you that. I used to think that you were pretending to be all quiet but you were taught to be like this. I'm sorry for being so cold, it's been a while since I've let people in."

"I know... Kevin came to my house when it happened. He never told me any details but he looked so broken and he told me that he um... yeah. Kevin told me to give you some time anyway."

Sunwoo: "Well, thank you for being patient."

"It's only been a day."

Sunwoo: "One day in and already I'm protecting you."

"You don't need to."

Sunwoo: "Kevin would kill me if I didn't."

"I mean probably but I would like to think that I can handle myself."

Sunwoo: "Maybe if you had knives with you but you can't bring one of those into school."

"Okay, fair point."

Sunwoo: "So, how come you don't tell the others?"

"Well, Jacob and Kevin know too."

Sunwoo: "Those two are basically your brothers, I mean like the other guys."

"I barely knew how to tell you, I won't be able to tell the other eight. Maybe after some time but not right now. Please, keep it a secret for now."

Sunwoo: "I promise to keep it a secret but you should still the others soon."

"I promise, I will them soon. Tell me something about you now."

Sunwoo: "What do you want to know?"

"Anything, I'm curious."

Sunwoo: "Curiosity can get you killed."

"But, it can also save you."

He seemed to think about this before pouting his lips a bit and nodding his head.

Sunwoo: "Well, the guys know this but I guess you should too now. I have anger issues, I know some of the triggers but I don't know."

He looked down at the ground in a kind of scared and fragile type of way.

"I don't care about that. We all have anger problems, you just have less of a control of them."

He just stared at me.

"Can I tell you something else about me?"

Sunwoo: "Go ahead."

"I've worked with mafias or gangs before. Not like how I am here but I used to be this type of show girl, you know. My parents would have people over and I had to be there in order for my parents to get their way."