Ch.4

Lily POV

Eric: "What do you mean 'we're going back to school'?"

Sunwoo: "We can't just let her go there on her own and we, obviously, can't send any of the guards."

"Please don't send the guards with me!"

Sunwoo: "We won't. See this is what I mean, Eric. This is our last year as well so there's no harm."

Jacob: "I could pull some strings for the two of you. Your schedules could align perfectly with Lily's."

Kevin: "Yes, I support this. There is no way that I am sending my sister to school unprotected."

Sunwoo: "She's not gonna be unprotected."

"I can protect myself, you know?"

Sunwoo: "Sure you can, princess."

I blushed at the sudden nickname but shook it off.

"I will throw a knife at you."

Sunwoo: "When you actually manage to hit someone in the head then I'll be surprised."

I shook my head before turning to look at Sangyeon.

"So, is this all?"

Sangyeon: "Definitely not, you will stay with the two of them throughout the day and if you need to go somewhere else then you have to tell them. When school ends, you will either walk home with them, go on the bus with them, or even get into a car with them. They know how to drive themselves so you have to go to and from school together. Do the three of you understand?"

"Yeah, I got it."

Sunwoo: "Understood."

Eric: "Yeah, yeah."

Sangyeon: "Great. Lily go with Chanhee so he can start showing you around his room so you can help him with the mission tomorrow."

Chanhee grabbed my arm and basically dragged me out of the room. We entered a room with a ton of screens inside and he comfortably took a seat. I looked around the room and saw that the room was quite spacious and every single wall had screens on them.

Chanhee: "I know it's a lot to take in but come, sit down."

I complied and sat down in another chair near Chanhee.

"You worked in this room all alone?"

Chanhee: "Most of the time, yeah. All the other guys are on the field but now, I have you to help me."

"Happy to help."

Chanhee: "So, the screens on that side will be what you're gonna work on. You're gonna have to watch out for heat signatures that aren't the others, you'll have to check the surroundings to make sure that there aren't police, other gangs, or civilians. We don't hurt those unless completely necessary."

"Is it weird that what you said actually made me feel a bit better about this job?"

Chanhee: "Actually, yes. We kind of threw you into this so you probably had your doubts about what we do. The fact that you kind of feel more assured is nice to know. But when we started, we told ourselves that unless a person had done something truly harmful to us or others then we wouldn't hurt them. No matter what."

"I find that weirdly comforting."

I laughed to which he joined in on. After we calmed down, he taught me everything I needed to know about what I was going to do. I understood everything and he told me that I will have gun training sometime soon so I don't always have to rely on knives although they come in handy. For a while, Chanhee and I just talked until there was a knock on the door.