Chapter 19 part 4 - you werent here for him

Start from the beginning

"I'll watch out." I nodded, looking at Abraham who peace signed me I walked past them, entering Ricks 'cell'.

I hear him groan, "I said was wanting to- ... Isabella?" He says, sitting up his gravely voice made me want to say aw. But I wasn't in the best mood, even if I wanted to go to bed as well. "I know you just got beaten up but... did you kiss her or did she kiss you. I- I'm just kind of paranoid." I asked, not coming out as strong as I wanted it.

"You think I kissed her and wanted it?" Rick asked, his tone in disbelief.
"Rick I just... Carl saw you two kissing and Spencer said he heard something. I just wanted to know what is going on?" I asked, moving to sit next to him.

For some reason it felt like I hadn't been around him in days, it's only been a day.

"At the party she started conversation, we got to know each other. Then Carol noticed how Sam seemed more disturbed and asked him what was wrong, eventually he spoke about how he use to lock himself in his closet and not come out till morning due to Jessie and Pete fighting. One day he came out when it suddenly went quiet and saw Jessie on the floor, unconscious." Rick explains, seeming to get tense.

"I never forgot when Shane-" at the mention of the name he became silent, seeming disturbed and shaky, "- when I first met Carol, when I woke from a coma. She was being abused by her husband. I never forgot and I will forever feel hate towards men who don't value women as gold." He became dark, his words were true.

"She asked me if I would do that for anyone else," he sighed.

"Would you?" I asked softly, looking into his eyes.
"I would do it for friends or for people I care about, I won't let anyone suffer like that."

He looks at his bruised knuckles, unable to look me in the eyes. I scooted next to him, resting my head on his shoulder.

"She kissed me when I told her that. She took what I said the other way." He whispers, "I wouldn't kiss her."

I nod, feeling his hand bring my face towards him I flinched. Uh oh.

"Who did this." He asks, his voice low.
"I was making toast this morning, I forgot to let the kitchen floor dry after I cleaned it and I slipped, I'm okay." I smirked, gripping his hand and bringing it to my chest. Knowing that he saw through my lie I crawled over him, laying to his right.

"I think I'll join you in this nap." I smiled.
His smile wide as he lays down, pulling me into a hug.

-

"You have to choose sunshine."

I wake up, the small of the sun across my face. And a warm hand shaking me.

"I'm going to head back home, check up on Jessie to see if I hit her." Rick whispers, "Mind coming?"

I sat up, rubbing my eyes, "Yeah, sure I'll go."

He opens the door, the sun brighter than from the inside of that cell. I rubbed my eyes, intertwining Rick and I's hands together he squeezes it. Stepping out of the door and walking onto the side walk.

Very few people were in groups or alone, probably feared they might get attacked by Rick.

We saw Carols boyfriend and two of his friends, I was worried Rick might get beaten up by them from what he did the day before. "Hey." Rick nods to Carols boyfriend.

"Hey Rick." He nods back.

It was tense but surprisingly relaxed, I thought one of them might just jump on us. But Ricks grip on my hand was tight and uncomfortable.

When we got closer to Deannes house he sighed, glancing at her.

She held a clipboard and a pen, I knew for a fact she was asking people for their opinions on Rick, whether he should stay or not. But I have faith in Maggie, she won't let Rick get kicked out of here.

She glared at us as we walked by, clicking her pen was a clear warning to be careful where you step type of thing.

We drew closer to Jessie's house, I felt uncomfortable especially with the fact I yelled at her the evening before. But she kissed Rick, but she did take what he said the wrong way, right?

We stopped at her stairs, I waved as she nearly jumps out of her skin. "Rick?" She grumbled, her sight clear on me in worry, "You shouldn't be here."

Rick nods, releasing my hand he places his firmly on his belt, shifting his weight, "Yeah, yeah I know. I just came around to check on ya." Rick responded.

Jessie nods slowly, she saw us coming with our hands intertwined, "You were right, I was wrong." Rick said, "I shouldn't have pulled into action- but I couldn't let him." Rick explained.

She nods slowly, still glancing at me, "You know?" She asks me.

"It was clear as day," I responded, shoving my hands into my pockets, "It was a misinterpretation, I hope." I threatened, Rick didn't divert his eyes to me. He was agreeing with me.

"Yeah, yeah it was." She nods, shyly grabbing her tacs.

Rick turns around as I do too, before we take another step she whispers; "Don't turn around."

I froze, squinting across the street I catch the stare of Pete. Glaring intensely at Rick with rage.

"Just- you were right, Rick." She ends the conversation, we wait for another second before continuing our walk.

We start back to the house, Ricks composed tall and stiff. He is putting up a fake face, even though his is always tough this seemed... almost fake.

I noticed Carol putting back her dagger into its holder, sighing across the street.

"Rick?" I asked as we continued to stride towards the house, he hums back in response, "You okay?"

He sighed as we stepped on the steps of our house, "Yeah."

As we entered the house I felt my blood grow cold seeing my blood on the sink with the knife and glass. Carl pauses his cleaning as he slowly stood up.

"What happened here?!" Rick yelled, closing the door behind him.

"I cut myself on the glass." Carl lies.
"Don't lie to me, who's blood is that." Rick storms closer to the kitchen, noticing how the floor wasn't glistening with soap from when I supposedly cleaned the floors.

Carl looks at me, dang it Carl!

"You lied to me?" Rick turns towards me, his hands firmly on his belt he stood still angrily.

"I didn't want you to be concerned." I say, my tone strong.
"About what? I was already concerned a long time ago when I saw your cut. Don't lie to me, please." Rick says, his tone softer.

I run a hand over my face, glancing at Carl he shrugged.

I have to tell him, don't I.

"I was attacked."

"By whom?" He steps closer to me.

"Don't go and find him, please. I know you will but... don't do it." I begged.
"Who did it isabella." He growled.

"... Spencer." I replied.