Chapter 4

The bus ride back to Karasuno was a quiet one. The team was more than just disappointed that they had lost yet another practice match.

But Shouyou, he was silent for another reason. He couldn't care less about the outcome of the game, the only thing on his mind was his newly acquired mate.

And his luscious brown hair.

And his teasing smile.

And his amazing physique.

And-

"Hinata!"

Sugawara's voice snapped the omega out of his little daydream, making him blush bright red.

"Y-yeah?" Hinata asked, looking over to see that the other omega had moved to sit in the seat right next to him.

"Did you ever find your mate today?" Sugawara asked with a wiggle of his eyebrows, making Shouyou blush even more.

Sugawara saw that and instantly had his answer. "Oh my god, you did, didn't you?" He asked excitedly, but Shouyou shushed him.

"I-I met him... but we both agreed that we weren't gonna tell anyone." The orange haired omega mumbled, suddenly feeling self conscious for his choice.

Sugawara's face clearly showed the confusion he was feeling. "Why is that?" He asked gently, unsure if the situation was more complicated than he had initially thought.

In that moment, Shouyou made a split second decision. "It's Oikawa." He said, his voice barely above a whisper.

"It's... Oikawa?" Sugawara asked, completely shell shocked by the news. He now completely understood why the othe omega would choose to keep this a secret from the team.

A nod was his answer.

Sugawara went quiet for a few moments, unsure of how to respond. He himself wasn't exactly a fan of the brown haired setter, let alone the rest of the team. Quite frankly put, the alpha was an arrogant dick and Suga couldn't fathom how he was supposed to be Shouyou's mate.

"If you ever need help, whether it be a distraction for the team or just making up an excuse, you can ask me, okay?"

No matter how much Sugawara might not like Oikawa, he was still gonna be there for the baby crow, whatever he needed.

The relief on Shouyou's face was obvious when he heard that Suga wasn't upset with him and was actually willing to help. He couldn't stop himself from hugging the other omega tightly. "Thank you, Suga." He mumbled into his chest.

They broke apart when Shouyou's phone went off. The small omega had thought it was his mother asking about the match, so he quickly fished the device out of his pocket.

Only to turn a dark shade of red as he saw that it was Oikawa texting him.

"I'm gonna go out on a limb and saw he put his own name in." Sugawara said, trying to contain his laughter.

Shouyou just nodded and sent a sheepish look to his vice captain. He then quickly deleted the emojis after the name, to lazy to think of a proper nickname to give his mate.

Alpha
We aren't even mated yet and I could still feel your anxiety. What happened Shouchan?

Shouyou nearly purred when he read the text. His alpha was worried about him.

It also made him realize just how scared he had been to tell Sugawara. The two weren't even mated yet and he had been anxious enough for Oikawa to feel it. That definitely wasn't healthy.