Part 2

For the rest of the day, I didn’t do much.  My friends and I didn’t even hang out for the rest of the day.  I walked around town with my head filled with thoughts. 

   For some odd reason, I was thinking of that boy.  The boy with hazel eyes and bruises on his face.  But why on Earth was I thinking of him?  He probably forgot about me.  Didn’t give me a second thought.  Or so I thought.

  As I continued to walk down town, with that boy on my mind, I felt a tap on my shoulder.  At first I thought it was Tony, Stephen, or Shawn.  Those were the only people I knew anyway.  But to my surprise, it was somebody else.  Somebody I wasn’t expecting at all. 

  It was him.  The dark haired crying boy from the morning.  The one person I couldn’t stop thinking about for some reason.  I guess he gave me a second thought after all.

  “Um, hi, are you Dally?”  He asked me quietly.

  “Yeah.”  I replied.

  “Well, you were the one who stood up for me.  You told your friends to leave me alone.  I wanted to say thank you for that.”

“You’re welcome.”

  I had no idea why he tracked me down just to thank me.  I didn’t deserve thanks.  One small good thing doesn’t automatically make me a good person.  I was still a bad person.  But I felt like this boy saw some good in me.  Or he was just nice enough to thank me.

  “My name is Johnny just in case you were wondering; Johnny Cade.”  He trembled.

  Johnny, at least I knew his name now.  I could tell that he was a bit on the shy side as well.   He talked quietly and didn’t look me straight in the eyes either.  

  “So, why did you find me just to thank me?”  I asked him.

  “Because you stood up for me.  I appreciated it.  But why did you stand up for me?”  Johnny queried.

  “I don’t know why I did.  I guess for once in my life, I had a change of heart.  And it was strange because I’m not a good person.”

  “Nonsense, I think there’s good in everybody.  Nobody is a bad person in my opinion.  I see good in you Dally.  You’re not heartless.”

  When Johnny said that to me he looked me in the eyes and smiled a little bit.  When he smiled, I smiled a little bit as well. 

   No one said anything like that to me before or let alone smiled at me.   Because this boy named Johnny saw some good in me. 

  I also felt like I had a change of heart that day.  

A/N: Oof, I need to update this more!  Sorry, I procrastinate sometimes and online school sucks!  I mean I'm sure nobody is really reading this anyway so...