chapter six

a/n- just wanted to clear things up a bit! sapnap is 19 and i wanted a real relationship in this story so i made him crush on Lexi, who is 18/19. lexi is not based off of dream's actual sister (who is 14). i promise she's just an oc i thought up to give sappy a love interest. i am not romanticizing children i promise-

George wakes up next to Dream in an unfamiliar bed with a dead phone, an aching hand, and the worst hangover of his life.

He rolls out of bed and races across the hall to the bathroom, throwing up everything he ate and drank last night. He tried to do so quietly, not wanting to wake Dream, who had to drive three hours last night while George slept in the passenger seat for most of it.

Despite George's efforts, Dream was woken up when George initially clambered out of the spacious bed. At first he was mildly annoyed, wondering why George had to run to the bathroom, but quickly understood. He slides out of bed, not hungover in the slightest- he only had two glasses of champagne before switching to water for the rest of the night- and gets a glass of water from the kitchen.

When he walks into the bathroom, George is leaning on the side of the bathtub, looking absolutely miserable.

"You want some water?" Dream asks quietly, offering him the glass.

"Yes please," George says, taking it and drinking gratefully.

Dream gently closes the toilet lid, careful not to make any noise, and perches on top of it. "How are you doing?"

"Head hurts. Hand hurts. Stomach hurts." George chuckles, leaning back to his former position and closing his eyes. "But other than that great."

"That's the spirit," Dream smiles. He leans forward to inspect the damage to George's hand; in the dim bathroom his delicate knuckles look nearly black with bruising, but there's almost no swelling, which is assuring to Dream. "I still can't believe you punched someone."

"Me neither," the man on the floor groans. "I should've taken my own advice and walked away."

"Why didn't you just walk away?" Dream asks, laughing at George's misery.

"I couldn't let him talk about you like that," George answers without hesitation, his eyes still shut.

Dream pauses. "Wait, really?"

"Why else would I punch somebody, Dream?"

"I thought it was because he called you my bitch," Dream says quietly. He's overwhelmed by the urge to hug George, but decides not to, out of fear it will make George feel worse.

"I mean he's not wrong." George opens one eye to see Dream's reaction, smirking.

Dream shakes his head, a shocked grin forming on his face. "You're so dumb."

They sit in silence for a couple minutes, George feeling better with every second he spends on the floor. Dream bounces his knee as he scrolls through his social media.

"The viewers are losing their minds," Dream tells George, laughing softly.

"Oh god, how much did I post last night?" George asks, sitting up straighter.

"Not much," Dream reassured him. "Just two things about the wedding. Half of the fans think we're memeing them and the other half are sobbing, apparently."

"It is what it is." The brunet groans and uses Dream's knee to help himself get to his feet. "Oh my god- Dream! This better be frosting!" He stares in the mirror as he picks at the dried white stuff in his hair.

Dream deflates with a wheezing laugh. "What are you talking about?"

"It's on my neck, too!" George lets a smile slip, letting Dream know he's not serious.