Ch 12 Short Stories

Flashback

It was a few years after Summer's graduation from Beacon. After graduating the two of you immediately got married. Summer wanting a playmate for Ilena had you give her a baby as per part of your promise after Beacon.

Though as that was just after Beacon you two were in one of the weekly teacher's meetings. Ruby and Ilena sat in the corner of the room playing with some coloring books. Your Rose was also in the meeting. This was because she took a break from her job of being a huntress to help raise both of your daughters.

As the meeting progressed you both were too busy to notice that Ruby and Ilena snuck out of the room. Summer eventually noticed and everyone got into a panic trying to search for them. After a bit of search you two meet up.

Ruby: Did you find ever us?

Ilena: Them? We are right here.

Ruby: I got too caught up in the story.

Y/N: We have not even gotten two minutes into the story. Rose.

Summer: Right.

After the brief interruption by Ruby the story continued on where it off. Summer met back with Y/N.

Summer: Did you find them?

Y/N: No!

Summer: Uh uhhh did you do that thing?

Y/N: What thing?

Summer: You know the tracker because of how they're adventurous.

Y/N: Oh yeah.

Pulling out your scroll you opened the app to see their position. Seeing it Summer noticed how your face drops.

Summer: What's wrong?

Y/N: They're going towards the cliffs.

Running to catch up the two of you just made
it as they got launched by the launch pads. It was now a race against time.

Summer: (running) You go get Ilena.

Launching yourself on it you caught her mid air but since you didn't have your weapon on you it meant crashing down. The only part to shield you was creating some ice on the back. You would do the ice armor trick but couldn't as you were holding Ilena. Crashing into the ground you see Summer holding a somehow cheerful Ruby.

Flashback ends

Summer: That's how you two almost died.

Ruby: We almost died!?

Ilena: I am not even phased about it.

Blake: How?

Y/N: Yeah you were crying at the end Lili.

Yang: That's some terrible parenting.

Y/N: Well it happens.

Summer: Yeah we learned as we went along. Sometimes we thought to how much easier it was to take care of both of you as babies.

Y/N: Also in our defense those were the few times we lost sight of you. The rest we caught you both in time.

Weiss: I'm sure we couldn't have been better as well.

Y/N: Yang could've actually died if it weren't for Qrow. I remember Tai telling me the story about you going in the woods.

Yang: I think it's best if you don't say it.