"Your assignment is to spy on René Orasis while he is here in the Philippines. Make sure he doesn't harm anyone while he is in our territory," imporma ni dad.

"Why is he still free?" Tanong ni Kronack sa ama.

"He has a high-ranking connection in Canada," dad replied.

"What if he harms someone here, can we lock him up in our jail?"

"That—" Tinuro siya ni dad. "We have to see, son. It will depend on how heavy the crime he will commit while he is here."

"What does he need here?" Tanong ni Morris.

"He's looking for someone and he believes that the person is hiding here in the Philippines." Sagot ni dad.

"A traitor?" Prius asked.

Umiling si dad. "A victim that escaped."

Nagkatinginan silang magkakaibigan sa naging sagot ng ama niya.

"And no profile of that victim?" Kronack inquired.

"None, son. That's why you have to focus on that vile man's movement and try to find out who is he looking for," ani dad.

Lumabas silang magkakaibigan matapos makuha ang bagong kasong hawak nila at pumunta sa office ng grupo nila para pag-usapan ang magiging plano.

Nasa kalagitnaan sila ng pagpaplano nang tumunog ang cellphone ni Kronack.

Kronack reached for his phone and saw his sweet babe calling. He signed to his friends 'a second' and was quiet.

"Ki-kilala mo si Grant?" Salubong nang dalaga nang sagutin niya ang tawag.

Natigilan si Kronack. Is she referring to my brother?

And what's with Kalisz's voice? She sounds like she's on the verge of crying or she's nervous.

"Grant?" Kronack asked, confused.

"Yes, Doctor Grant."

Kumunot ang noo ni Kronack. Grant and a doctor. Kalisz could really be referring to his brother Grant who's a doctor.

"Grant is my brother."

Tinignan niya ang mga kaibigan. Nasa mukha ng mga ito ang pagtataka. Kahit siya nagtataka. Bakit ito tinatanong ni Kalisz? Nabigla din siya na kilala ni Kalisz ang kapatid niya. He's sure as fuck he never mentioned Grant to Kalisz.

There was silence in the other line.

"Kalisz?"

"H-how?"

Kronack could hear her voice crack.

"What do you mean— how?" Kunot noong tanong niya.

"I mean you didn't tell—" Kalisz paused. "Well...yeah... I don't know much about you."

"I don't know much about you either."

It was too late to retract what he said before he even realized it. At hindi niya na rin sinubukang baguhin pa. It was a fact.

Kalisz and he doesn't know much about each other. But at least the woman knows he is real, there are no lies on his part just unshared information. While Kalisz, her data are fake. He doesn't even know if Kalisz is her real name.

There was a deafening silence on his side and hers. It was like they just realized something is amiss with their relationship.

Relationship...

Ano nga ba relasyon nila?

Natigil ang pag-iisip niya nang magtanong ulit si Kalisz.

"Na-nasaan si G-Grant?" May pag-aalangan na tanong nito.