(End of flashback)

                                                ~****~

(Present time)

We stood in the centre of the room glaring at each other. After my sudden declaration, Ferracco had grabbed my hand and roughly steered me away from the scene. Bianca and the doctor were left gasping in shock behind us.

Ferracco had hauled me into his room and slammed shut the door. He raked frustrated fingers through his unruly hair and surveyed me with undisguised contempt.

"Has anyone ever told you that you are a sanctimonious and conniving bitch ," he spat out the words.

I swallowed trying to repress the anguish and anger that was twisting my heart.

"My only regret is that Elena is lying there instead of you," l said with sarcasm.

Ferracco let out a mocking laughter. In one powerful stride , he was standing besides me. He smirked at me before leaning down to whisper in my ear.

"I think l know why you did that."

I stood still and silent. I put on a cold and unemotional mask but deep inside me , a storm of tears was brewing. I felt bad for my daughter. She got caught up in my plan for revenge.

Ferracco stood back and stuffed his hands deep into his pockets.

"You are angry at me and at yourself for responding to my kisses last night ," he drawled.

I looked up into his face startled. A cruel smile traced his mouth.

"You are mad that for a moment l made you forget that we are arch enemies and you surrendered to the heated passion between us. You feel disgusted by yourself for surrendering yourself to my touch and you planned this stupid game ," he continued.

I sent him a sly smile.

"I have many things to get back at you for," l hissed back.

His face slowly turned ice.

"I don't care what crazy plans you have against me, Jane! But l won't spare you if my daughter gets caught up in them again," he seethed at me.

Ferracco took a step closer to me . He tipped up my chin with his finger so that l was staring directly into his icy blue eyes.

"You better pray that Elena gets better by tomorrow or else l will be your living nightmare."

"I am going to make you pay for this , Jane! No one messes with what's mine," his rough voice gritted out.

He shoved me aside and stormed out. The tears l had been holding back came running down my cheeks. I dropped to the floor and hugged my knees sobbing uncontrollably.

I am sorry , Elena!

                                           ~****~

Elena was well again and running around as usual after two days of nursing her. Ferracco had called my office without my consent and requested one week of sick leave .

He ordered me to nurse Elena back to health. I was furious at him for ordering me around but l had to admit it was my fault . l was more shocked when he took a one week leave from his company to help attend to Elena. I guess blood was thicker than water.