Ch 115: Obstacle Course

Start from the beginning

After searching for a while, Lin Yie has found a lot of males, even though most of them have broken limbs. But... they are devils. Shouldn't they be able to fight, as long as their heads are still on their necks? Well, it sounds cruel, but since when are players not cruel? Just think about how many slimes and goblins you have to kill in a game, although in this context, Lin Yie is the "goblin."

The next thing he needs to do is to find the keys to unlock the cells. The guards here should have keys on them, but it would take too much time trying to steal from the guards without being caught, so Lin Yie decides to try his luck searching for keys in the dungeon.

...

Fortunately, he managed to find a keychain on the wall within three minutes.

It seems some people are too arrogant. There are even helpful little labels on the keys.

After pocketing the keychain, Lin Yie is distracted by the familiar event.

The injured Centurion and his warriors, following the script, are looking for help again.

Rather than look for trouble like before, this time, Lin Yie wants to find the secret passage first.

Shining mentioned before that when Sarkaz built underground tunnels, they usually kept some secret passages that led directly to the surface, but those passages were exclusively for transporting supplies, so no one can tell what will happen when he enters the secret passage in this dream, assuming he manages to outrun his pursuers.

Nevertheless, he has to find and investigate the passage first. Only then will he know if he can use it to escape.

But there is not much time left.

...

Luck is not on his side this time.

Lin Yie ran all the way down the path, and he couldn't find the passage. He only found a small storage room full of jars.

He walks inside and opens a jar. There's only raw meat inside.

Wait... why would there be raw meat here?

Lin Yie is curious, so he sniffs the jar.

What a terrible idea!

This is no food at all.

It is the flesh those guards cut off from their enemies!
Lin Yie covers his mouth in a hurry and puts the lid back on. He turns to another jar, planning to puke in there, but when he takes the lid off, he finds a narrow passage instead.

Lin Yie pauses, at a loss for words, but before he can celebrate, the world fades into darkness.

Time is up.

...

"Hey! What are you doing!" Nearl voice thunders in Lin Yie's ears, as he regains consciousness.

Lin Yie slowly opens his eyes and finds himself staring into Nearl's flaming eyes, but what comes out of his mouth are not words.

*BLARGH*

Lin Yie grabs Nearl's shoulders and vomits.

Fortunately, he didn't eat much.

Nearl's grim expression gives Lin Yie the feeling that she's ready to kill at the moment's notice, but she remains silent.

Lin Yie feels absolutely mortified, as Ptilopsis just blankly stares at his stupid face after disconnecting the devices from Nightingale.

*Yawn*

Nightingale rubs her eyes slowly, but nothing about her seems off.

The experiment is a success. It seems waking Nightingale up greatly reduces the mental stress on her, but it doesn't completely nullify the negative effects.

But there's another urgent matter Lin Yie needs to take care of.

...

Nearl's mouth twitches.

When the thirty-minute mark passed, Shining and Hibiscus went to wake Nightingale up, and she went to wake Lin Yie up, but who knew he would puke on her before waking up and again after regaining consciousness.

Lin Yie apologizes to Nearl profusely, but her expression only eases up after he explains what he had experienced.

"I understand, so it was just an accident," Nearl says, even though she's still upset, "Then, tell us what you found this time."

Lin Yie breathes out in relief and nods, "I found the secret passage. It's in that storage room."

After hearing Lin Yie's description, Ptilopsis adds the missing details to her rendered map, and after some thought, She says, "Ptilopsis believes that the passage needs to meet two conditions to prove its viability. First, this passage must lead straight to the surface with no obstruction. Second, this passage must not have hidden mechanisms."

Shining chimes in, "Your reasoning is correct, but you don't have to worry about the second condition. The passage should be ''clean.'"

"Then, we have to check the first condition."

"I think..."

...

With everyone voicing out their own points of view, Lin Yie feels he's back in high school and discussing gameplays with his classmates again.

The only one missing out on the discussion is Nightingale.

"Liz?" Lin Yie walks up to Nightingale and asks softly, "Are you okay?"

Nightingale raises her head.

!?

Lin Yie doesn't know if it is an illusion or he's just exhausted.

When their eyes meet, Nightingale's eyes seem... different.