Again, it was none of my business, I remind myself. But the bruises, the bruises are-

     "How'd it go?" My head snaps up, just now noticing that I had made it home, only getting the chance to open the front door. Kyle and Liam were sitting on the couch in the living room, watching some reality TV show while Tripp lingered around the kitchen.

     Kyle turned over on the back of the couch, grinning teasingly. "Yeah, how'd it go bro? Bet you failed with all that air in your head- ow!."

     "Respect your elders," I snarl, pulling back my hand from the top of his head.

     "You're only a year older than me!" I pull my hand back, ready for another smack. "Yah, okay! Oh almighty brother of mine, how was thou's tests?"

     "Good considering the amount of air in my head," I snark, making my way over to where Tripp was standing, back facing me. Resting my chin on his shoulder I peer over, smacking my lips when I notice one of my favorites in the pan, then again mostly everything Tripp cooked was my favorite.

     "How'd it go for you?" I whisper after wrapping my arms around his torso. Tripp shrugs, sending me a small smile before turning slightly to connect our lips. It's quick and short, I can't help but wish we were alone so it wouldn't be so.

     Tripp let's out a grunt which makes me look up at him, when our eyes meet his shift, looking over towards the living room before snapping back down to me. I let out an annoyed groan but quickly separated myself from him, heading over to the living room. Kyle seemed to read the room, excusing himself from the room with the excuse of homework as I sat down on the couch diagonal from Liam.

     "So uhm," I clear my throat, hands nervously reaching out for each other and clasping tightly as my palms begin to sweat. Why was I so nervous? Liam looks up from his phone, sending me a soft smile, one that managed to calm down my raging nerves.

     Thankfully, he notices my nervousness, shifting on the couch and taking hold of the conversation. "Hi Logan."

     I return his smile because this interaction isn't awkward in the slightest, "Hi Liam. I just wanted to tell you that me and Tripp are here for you, for whatever you need. I, uh," I twist to scratch the back of my neck. "-Don't know what you're going through but we're here for you."

     There was a beat of silence, Liam blinking owlishly at me before grinning adorably. The smile let's me see the full extent of what we're dealing with, dark eyebags hanging below his usually peachy appearance. "That's really nice of you! I know it's a bit unexpected, and I apologize for that, it wasn't my intention to ruin your Thanksgiving Break. I know this is even more unexpected but do you mind if I tell you? About everything? I think," Liam lets out a shaky sigh. "I think it's time to tell someone."

     Why me though?

     "I don't-" My sentence is cut off as he presses himself against my side, sitting over the couch's armrest and ignoring the concept of personal space. His phone is in front of me in a second, unlocked and in the photo gallery to show me a picture of a girl hugging him. She's relatively tall, resting her chin over his head as her arms wrap around his shoulders, holding him to her chest. Then again, Liam isn't really tall to begin with, both me and Tripp having to look down to meet his gaze.

     "This is Jenn, she's my girlfriend." The image of Tripp bending over the counter in hopes to hold his laughter crosses my mind and I find myself biting down harshly on my tongue to hold back any remark.

     "She's really pretty." I compliment instead. Liam grins and I can't help but think that the smile is a tad bit sad.

     "Yeah, she really is. But uhm, she's got some anger issues. We've been in a relationship for about a year now, in the beginning we didn't really fight much, I'm a pushover and always let her have her way. I guess, at the time, it was because she was my first serious relationship. But as time kept going I found that most of the decisions she made excluded me and what I liked. When we talked, it was only about what she wanted to talk about, things that interested her, that sort of thing, and if I ever brought up something I was interested in she got mad, she didn't even try to relate to me. And that frustrated me, and so I would bring up everything she didn't do for me over and over and it just boiled up to this huge argument, and," There was hesitation, my eyes travel down to his phone, finding the light of his phone screen quivering - giving away the fact that his hands were shaking.

     Without hesitating I reach out, grasping his hands with mine and silently encouraging him to continue with his story. "And she got mad Logan," His gaze met mine, tears gathering on the rim. "Like real mad, I know she has anger issues, I've always known I just didn't think it would get that far."

     Instantly the images of the bruises flashed back, littered across his abdomen. Heaviness swells in my chest and no matter how many times I gulp, my throat remains dry. It's the first time since walking into the home that I notice that Liam isn't wearing his usual style of clothes. The only thing pastel was his sweater, a large, engulfing sweater, hiding his frame.

     I stiffen next to him, "Did she-" I lick my lips. "Did she hurt you?" Again?

     One of Liam's trembling hands leaves my grasp, reaching for the hem of his sweater. I let him because I want to see, I need to see. There's so much that needs to be done, and the thoughts won't shut up about calling the police and calling Kyle or Tripp or calling someone! But it isn't about me and soon enough I'm staring at Liam's pale abdomen, new bruises decorating his torso, the old ones fading into an ugly yellow.

     And there's so many.

     "Tripp!" I call out. I'm glad my voice is able to convey my desperation because less than a second later Tripp is standing behind me, his hand landing on my shoulder.

     "What is it?" Without speaking I gesture towards Liam, who has now taken both of his hands back. One to continue holding the end of the sweater and the other to press against his nose. Tripp lets out a small grunt, "Who did that to you?"

     Which proves that he didn't know about this? What did he know? Did he know anything? Was Liam planning to tell him at first?

     He walks around the couch to face Liam, having to sit on his knees in order to be able to meet Liam's lowered gaze. I let him continue asking questions, standing from the couch on shaky legs and heading over to the kitchen counter to look for cream and bandages. Once I have everything gathered I head back to the living room, setting everything down on the table in the living room before turning back to them.

     "Liam," I whisper, settling next to him once more and waiting until his eyes meet mine to continue. "There's nothing to be scared of anymore, she won't hurt you here." I level with him. "No one will hurt you here."

     A sniffle, then a nod, and his entire body relaxes against the couch in relief. I take that as my cue to continue, "I know we don't know each other but I need you to trust me, okay? I'm going to rub some cream on the bruises and wrap your torso up, but in order to do that I'll need you to take off your sweater and undershirt." I make sure not to leave anything out with the process, not wanting to stress him out even further. Soon enough Liam is nodding at my request, pulling his sweater over his head and using it to hide his face, finally letting himself cry into the cloth.

     I let out a heavy sigh, apologizing to him internally, I had obviously misjudged him.

><><><><><><

HAH, in the original, Tripp would barely be telling Logan his "lie" in this chapter. Am proud of the progress ngl

<3