26. Toxic Comparison

Edit/Rewritten: September 17, 2021
___

Logan's POV
_________

Chapter Twenty-Six: Toxic Comparison

"Did you make it there safely?" The question rings out into the kitchen, it's early in the morning and I'm the only one awake, ensuring that Kyle landed safely in our hometown. He had left the night prior, it took a little longer due to someone, me admittedly, clinging to him at the airport.

"Yeah, I'm going to see if I can sleep before school since there's a council meeting today." Kyle responded, voice low and tired.

"Alright," I agreed reluctantly. "But if you're too tired don't worry about it, your health is more important than some meeting."

"Okay, you should go to sleep as well. Aren't you and your friends going to help Liam today?" Ah, that is true. Without thinking about it, I pull back from my phone, looking over at the time. It was about to be five in the morning. Because Thanksgiving had ended, all classes were to resume today at their usual time, which also meant that Liams now ex-girlfriend would be away from the dorm long enough for him to get his things. While me and Tripp aimed for confrontation we understood that this is Liam's life, and therefore, should be dealt with in the manner that made him feel most comfortable.

Avoidance was what he wanted.

"I still have time, but I'll let you go now so you can sleep. Night!" Kyle replies with his own goodbye before hanging up. With a skip to my step I make sure everything in the living room is turned off before heading back to Tripp's room. Since Kyle had departed the night prior, Liam was moved to the guest room which was for the better seeing as it gave everyone a sense of privacy.

I clamber onto the bed, grinning as I sit down over Tripp's abdomen, putting all my weight on him. As expected, he huffs, turning to peer up at me with a sleepy expression. "How is he?"

"Fine." The answer is quick and simple, but the fact that he asks makes my heart swell. I lean over him to press myself against him, chest-to chest. "He just landed, said he's going to try and sleep before heading to school."

Placing my elbows next to his face I push myself upwards so the tips of our noses touch. The action makes me fluttery, happy, and I giggle against him. Tripp's chest rumbles beneath me, the ends of his lips curling upwards. "I take it you're not going to try and sleep?"

Tripp's sleepy voice is rough, low, and sends pleasant shivers down my spine. He's long since stopped looking at me, blue eyes hiding behind his eyelids. "What makes you think that?" The question comes out light, coy, as I rub myself against him, using my knees on the sides of his torso to help.

"I wonder. . ." He hums, one of his hands stroking up my back under my shirt while the other grips my ass, helping my movements against him. Suddenly, I'm being pulled upwards, and our lips meet in a rough kiss - our mouths parting to taste each other on our tongues. Tripp licks into my mouth, swallowing the moans that leave me.

My hands find a home against Tripp's abdomen, teasing the skin there as I play with the end of his shirt, my legs cradling one of his thighs. During the span of our friendship, Tripp had always been slightly taller, slightly bigger than me. There was never any reason to compare myself to him because I'm decently built, and from what I know; decently attractive. But currently, as I sit on his thigh and move according to his grasp I can't help but realize how much smaller I am than him.

"Want me to take care of you, baby?" There was an obvious answer to that question, but instead of responding with my words I simply push my hips forward, loving the friction of his thigh. With a tap to my backside he lifts me slightly to slide my boxers down my thighs. Tripps eyes flicker downward, between my legs, and his chest quivers as he takes in a deep breath. "Pretty baby."