Ch.12:The Rematch.

The freak out from the day before was etched into the minds of all teams and spectators.
They couldn't help but feel pity for Karasuno's #10.

But not Nakashima.
Takeru Nakashima was looking forward to this match from the second he had heard of another "tiny giant" rising in the prefecture.

Plus, she was a girl on a boys team! Either she was really good or the team was really bad.
But if he knew anything about Karasuno's volleyball team, it was most definitely that they were not weak.

In all honesty, she sounded like the perfect girl for him.
Takeru finished stretching his body as he saw Karasuno walk into the gym.

The small girl was circled by her teammates and a few Dateko players protectively, only to be seen from above - from the stands.
This, to all other teams seemed fair.
But that didn't mean that they wouldn't try to catch her alone or snatch her from her towering friends.

Unfortunately for them, it's easier said than done.

Karasuno let Hinata free to do stretches and warm-ups, allowing other teams to try and take their chance.

But there was always one player with her at all times.
Namely, Sugawara.

The players who didn't know before, now knew of Sugawara's protective instincts.
For even ambushing her out the bathroom wasn't a choice because he'd be waiting for her.

It was noted by almost everyone that Hinata, infact, didn't seem upset at all.
Actually, she seemed to have been even more energetic than she was the day before.

The whistle blew, and the match was to begin.

Karasuno's team started off with their baby crow flying and their setter zooming the ball across the court.

The ball landed with a thud as Karasuno celebrated their point, noticing the lack of surprise emitting from the other team.

This was going to be a tough match.

But not to their surprise, Hinata was excitedly watching Takeru's spikes, competing with him and rebounding off his blocks - observing her opponent "tiny giant".

Halfway through the match, the court went deadly silent. Karasuno's team huddled in a circle as a small commotion ripples throughout the gymnasium.

Karasuno's captain had been knocked out cold.
Tanaka looked down at the captain while propped up with his arms in pain, feeling guilty about the situation and blaming himself.

But as he was lost deep in thought, he felt a warm feeling on his chest and looked down to see fluffy orange hair stroking his chin.
Small, slim arms wrapped around him momentarily, until Hinata stood up and helped him up saying,

"Come on senpai, let's fly."

Suddenly morale flowed into the team as Daichi was helped off of the court to the medical centre.

Hinata watched the limping figure as he walked slowly off of the court and turned around and pointed at Ennoshita.

~timeskip~

The ball fell to the ground and the whistle rang through the air as the match came to a close.

Tears welled up in Takeru's eyes as it finally hit
him, his team had lost.

He looked over at Hinata Shoyo, who was breathing heavily with sweat dripping down her forehead, as she tiredly made her way to her team's group huddle of celebration.

To him, it was a complete defeat and he acknowledged that, hoping to meet her sometime in the future to ask for her number and maybe to play once more.