36

I missed this, I missed everything that came with living in that life

I missed this, I missed everything that came with living in that life. I missed wearing these clothes and sitting in my front yard chilling. It was a bad idea to do so especially after what just happened but we couldn't help ourselves. 

"Yo, Spooky man. What's up? You look stressed. But you shouldn't be mano. Chillax." Benji patted my back, very hard. Very hard causing me to let out a loud grunt. 

"What the fuck you think you're doing fool?!" I glared at him but he only grinned at me which wasn't appreciated. 

"So, hows Leigh?" Pablo was the one to ask taking a swig of his beer. I shrugged and I couldn't help but smile. I realised what I was doing so I tried my best to hide it but it didn't go undetected by the idiots I call my friends. 

"She's good." I coughed out. 

"Good?" Chico repeated what I said. I nodded my head bringing the bottle to my mouth to hide the smile I had on my face. It was so hard to not start grinning when all I could think about is that night in her shower... in her bed and then the following morning in her kitchen. Once I got a taste of her I couldn't help myself and have another taste , and another and another. Even as I'm sat here all I wanted was... her. 

"Good?" Chico asked again making me frown and I looked up to meet his stare. His eyebrows were raised and there was a ghost of a smile on his face. 

"That's what I fucking said no?"

"We just asking you homie. She killed a man." Benji shrugged 

"Killed a man? Chica pulled that trigger and didn't even blink." Pablo added pursing his lips. 

"Shit was scary." Benji shuddered and the other two agreed. 

They were right, it was scary but I understood... She wanted revenge. She was much like me than I ever thought. But I was worried about how far she would go to get revenge. I needed to protect her. 

"She'll be fine." I said to myself, even if I was unsure. It wasn't the first time she killed a man as much as I hate to admit. 

"With you around I'm sure she will be." Pablo finished and I nodded my head slowly, going back to finishing my beer. I had no nagging girlfriend in my ear and for one split hour everything was calm. I felt relaxed.

"So how did it feel?" I sighed, looking at Chico once more. He knew I had no idea what he was talking about but still chose to say only that. I gave him a look expressing just that and he smirked widely. 

"How did it feel?" He asked once again. 

"What fool?!" I snapped getting annoyed. 

"How did it feel..." He paused sharing a look with both Pablo and Benji before turning to look at me, mischief in his eyes "...Tapping that ass after so long." My gaze turned cold and I looked at all three, they were trying so hard not to laugh while I could feel my blood boiling. Why? I dont know. 

"What makes you think that even happened?" I questioned. The plan was to play it cool. I was not going to admit anything because I know I wouldn't hear the end of it. They were built like that, they were definitely dropped on their heads as a baby. 

"Homes.. You think we stupid?" It was Pablo who spoke. 

I raised my eyebrow "Sorry man but you all fucking stupid. None of you pendejos are smart." I shrugged. 

"Ouch. I'll have you know I graduated high school. And I was in AP Bio." Chico mentioned proudly but his statement was ignored. He was still dumb. 

"Plus... You guys kissed and we were betting how long it'll take for you guys to do the dirty... And We all owe each other money." Benji smirked and they all took out their wallets. I watch them exchange a few dollar bills amongst each other, but how did that even work?

"What makes you think I slept with her?" I asked the three, I haven't confirmed anything and I wasn't going to, none of their business that's what this is. 

"Spooky... mano. You walked into the house the other day floating with a dumb ass smile on your face. You were either high or you got some pussy... and we both know Jessica Alba isn't going to give you none now that you're back in the hood." I pursed my lips looking away from them. They all had their eyes on me. And I wanted to squirm. But I wasn't going to say shit. 

"Mind your danm business and go get your dick sucked."

"You wanna know what we betting on next?"

"What?"

"How long it'll take for the two of you to get back together." Before I could face him, my attention was brought on the sound of the slam of a car door and high-pitched squeals were heard 

"Daddy!" I glared at Pablo who quickly put out his blunt and hid my bottle as the other did so too. 

"Mi alma." I picked her up when she reached me putting her on my lap. She kissed my cheeks and snuggled herself into me. I looked down at her and then up at her mother who was clutching her right hand. 

"What happened?" I questioned eyeing her bust up fist

"Mummy hurt someone" Alaïa said with a toothy grin and I looked over at Leigh-Anne who was avoiding my gaze.

"What happened Leigh?" I asked again.

"Urh..I kinda punched your girlfriend"