Chapter 31

"So, what exactly do you want me to do?" You asked, looking up to the high ceiling of a ballroom-like space. All kinds of ropes, silks and trapezes hung high up. "You agreed to become my aunt's apprentice, and THIS is what you will learn." Erin said, only wearing a tank top and some stretchy pants. In the meantime the woman herself came in. "I needed a third person for my new act, and Erin told me you're a rope master, so let's start." You let out a nervous laugh, and looked at the woman. "I am afraid Erin was mistaken, whips are NOT the same as ropes." You said while deadgazing the man. He was unmoved by your scariness. "Erin does not make that mistake." His aunt declared. "He does." "He doesn't." "He does." The woman decided to ignore you. Wise choice. "All you need is a motivation." Erin said, his eyes twinkling as he took out a freshly baked muffin. Your mouth started watering immediately. "You want it? Then get it!" He said, as he climbed up to one of the trapezes. You forgot your training completely, as you started climbing up, jumping between silks and ropes. ( To be fair, you had not eaten since the evening before.) The moment you reached the trapeze he swung himself to a rope on the other side. You slipped a bit as you got on the trapeze, and hung at your hands. The trapeze swung back and forth, and you got a bit of an idea. By tightening your body and moving along the pace of the rocking became faster and the trapeze swung higher. The moment you had enough force to not fall on your face when you let go, you set yourself free. You flew to him, rolling yourself into a ball. You crashed into him, and he let out of grunt. But you didn't care, as you finally had your muffin. You entangled into the silk, so you had your hands free to eat. In the meantime Erin was struggling to keep a hold on the slippery textile. The moment you put your muffin in your mouth, his hands slid off the material. You casually bended backwards, and grabbed his wrist while chewing on the divine food.

The moment you had finished your muffin, you suddenly remembered what this was all about. You looked down, your face already red, and looked into Erin's knowing eyes. You cursed loudly and let go of his wrist. He cursed as he hit the ground. You had difficulty with untangling yourself, while you kept asking yourself how you even got into this position. Something with trapezes? Wow, food amnesia hit really hard this time. You had slightly forgotten, that the silk around your ankles was the only thing that held you in the air, so the moment you untangled yourself, you fell down, hitting Erin who just had gotten up. "That was amazing. Erin did the right thing by making you my pupil." The woman yelled enthusiastically. "I made the biggest mistake in my life." Erin murmured. "Yup. Lucky for you, brains are not requested in the Navy." You said while patting his shoulder, before walking towards the woman.

Aunt smiled widely at her new student. " You're doing great, (Y/N)! We will work at your descending later, but you truly impressed me!" You smiled back, but a question burned inside you. "Aunt-sensei, I am truly grateful for the effort you put in me, but I have a lot of unfinished business. How long do you insist on training me?" "Until I have learned you everything I know. With your skills, it will be between 2 and 4 years." She said. You sweatdropped. "What's wrong, (Y/N)?" The elderly woman asked. "Nothing. I am just calculating the chances for survival after I break the news to my boss." You sighted. "It's less than 15 percent. And the chance that I can ever babysit his son again is even lower." Avis put a reassuring hand on your arm. "Don't worry, sweetie. I can be pretty convincing." She said.

Somehow you still had your wallet with your 'passports', vivre cards and Transponder Snail Numbers. Don't ask me why the Navy didn't take it. Maybe because you said that you kept it most of the time in your panties. You opened it, searching for Dragon's number. Erin paced back and forth behind you, while his aunt sat beside you. You called and while you waited, you played nervously with the telephone cord. Why you were nervous? Well maybe because you almost let the boss's kid die, his brother died, you caused an enormous mess, and you kidnapped a Celestial Dragon before he could. Someone finally answered the Transponder Snail. "Yes?" A tired voice said. "(Y/N) speaking here. I have some...news." You said hesitantly. "Where are you? They said you disappeared in the middle of the fight. Tell me where you are and I will send someone to pick you up." He said. "Sir, I can't come back for now." Before he could react on your respond, (Y/F/N) grabbed the Transponder Snail and said: "It's been a long time, Dragon." She said, with a knowing smile. The revolutionary was silent for a while. "Avis?" He finally asked. "Yes, it's me. I am sorry, but I have to keep (Y/N) here for a while, I'm afraid." "No problem. She's in good hands with you." He said. Your eyes almost popped out of their holes. No way your boss was talking. Erin, sensing you would do something stupid, dragged you out of the room.

Wildcard ( One Piece Fanfiction x Reader)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें