Chapter 24; Case Closed

People will come and go away but whatever they do for you would never fade away...

~

I never thought I would be stuck in such a situation...
Why did I do it?
What was going on in my mind?

He wasn't in his right mind but I was!
Why did I have to sleep there....

Arghhhh this is so frustrating.

I was doing some research work as an assignment when I received a call from Mr. Brown.

It had been two days and there wasn't any call...I wonder if the case is okay.

"Hell-"
"Hey Daisy! Tell Henry that I'm coming to his house with Rian right now. And you too, head over to his."

"Why do you always tell me these things. You should've told it directly to him." I said playfully.
"I lost his number and that little thing isn't giving it to me again."

Wow...this is one of the last things that I expected. I love Mr. Brown's frankness though...

I laughed it off and ended the call.
I quickly wore my coat and walked over to his house.

It was quite awkward. I hadn't talked to him after that.
I thought at least twice before ringing the doorbell and it made the guards look at me suspiciously.

Gosh....why don't they disappear.
To avoid any misunderstandings I rang the doorbell and found John standing before me within a minute.

"Oh hey." He said in a sleepy voice.
"Were you sleeping?" I said as I entered in and closed the door.

"Yeah. I slept at four in the morning today. I feel like dying.." He said tiredly and fell down on the couch and started hugging a little minion pillow.

How can Rose handle him...

"Yeah of course. Now tell me where's Henry." I asked him as I looked around.

"You know what...I feel like you're obsessed with him." He said as he peaked his head from the pillow.

"What the fuck!" I exclaimed with a disgusted look.

"Yeah I mean...have you ever come to this house looking for me? It is always Henry. Always." He said with a proud smirk.

"And you're observing all of this because..."
"Because you two are cute. The fact that you both have no idea but I know everything..." He chuckled to himself and snuggled in the pillow.

Weird.

"Yeah okay but where's Henry?"
I said, trying to ignore what he said.
"In his room."
I walked towards his room and was about to open it when I realised that I didn't knock.

But it didn't feel unusual. I don't actually remember knocking on his door even once.
What's wrong with me? I've literally been entering his room without knocking all this time.

But it didn't feel wrong...Why?
Why didn't he stop me- No wait, he did. But I didn't stop.

I shrugged away those thoughts and entered his room. Without knocking.

Wait...I just thought about never knocking on his door but even then I didn't knock. It has just become a habit. Lord...help me!

"What are you doing there?" He asked, moving his gaze from the beautiful painting of a deer and an injured lion to me.

I just stood there silent and confused as I didn't know how to react in that situation.

"If you just wanna stand there you can get out and probably talk to John about some tiny kids who think school is unfair." He said, focusing back on his painting.