𝐓𝐚𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐓𝐨𝐨 𝐅𝐚𝐬𝐭

Requested by @lol_the_world

This is definitely a problem that happens in any fandom fanfiction community I'm pretty sure. There's always those books that are really long and you think is going to be a nice, drawn out novel— and then the characters end up together in the second chapter with no romantic build up at all.

This works for Oneshots... Unfortunately, it doesn't work for books and many often click off and don't finish the story because of it.

To say that I've seen this in some Karma stories is an understatement. Going back to my chapter "Making Karma OOC", he's not the type to fall in love with someone at first sight. I think specifically for his character, he definitely is the type to have a slow burn romance. So to have him be flirty and show romantic interest in the main character in just the first or second chapter is very out of character and doesn't feel like a Karma ff at all.

It was also pointed out to me that in some enemies to lovers books featuring Karma, he's a total (mind my mouth, but this should be expected more often) dickwad to the main character before it's revealed that he's only mean to them because he likes them. This. This makes no sense because Karma wouldn't be the type to be a full on bitch clown to someone he likes, playful teasing I get, but not literal insults or bullying. (Although maybe it would work if they're rivals, like him and Gakushuu, and he could be in denial so he's just an absolute shit head about it. Other than that, I don't see it working.)

To conjure a proper build up of relationships between characters, I'd look up online how to do that and think of situations or events that could affect those relationships (wether it brings them together or pushes them apart). I'd also look at the other character's personality and see how his and theirs would clash or fit together so you can figure out how their dynamic would work.

Specifically for Karma fanfictions, I'd look at his character a little deeper and think of how he'd react to certain things while keeping him in character. If you can't figure out how to keep him in character, I'd read some of Poppy1413 's, booksandanime00,or N00dlesInACup 's books to get a good grasp on his personality as they do a really good job of keeping him true to his character in their books :)

Hopefully this helps if you're trying to write a Karma story yourself, but can't seem to get his personality right or find a way to build a relationship between him and a character.

I'm also taking requests for similar topics to write about pertaining to this book because I feel like I definitely have not covered everything that is within the whole "Karma fanfiction community".

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐌𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐊𝐚𝐫𝐦𝐚 𝐈𝐧 𝐅𝐚𝐧𝐟𝐢𝐜𝐬 🎉