Ashley gave a curt greeting to both and avoided their blabbering and questions of what they were doing around this area again.

The answer was in question but neither Ashley nor Amelia dared to voice it. They walked to the secluded area around forest as Amelia talked with two without brakes. Ashley was just deciding to leave them alone when he heard Dhruv speaking.

"Amelia, if you don't mind, I want to tell you something." Hesitation clear in his voice.

Something in his voice rang warning bells in Ashley head. Leaning on a tree, he gazed the two, a clear view of their faces providing enough answers.

"Go on." Amelia shrugged.

"Will you... Ah..." Dhruv sneaked a glance to Honey who nodded encouragingly, confusing Amelia but scaring Ashley.

"Amelia, I really like you. Will you be my girlfriend?" Dhruv spoke in one breath.

Ashley straightened, eyes widening as his gaze desperately tried to analyze Amelia reaction and influence her answer.

"Dhruv... Are you serious?" Amelia asked, uncertainty clear in her voice.

Ashley eyes begged for her one look, as if to reach to her and answer instead of her, but Amelia did not turn to him. His heart sinking in his chest.

"I am, Amelia. I really want to be with you."

Amelia pursued her lips and hung her head. Ashley took a step forward but stayed back feeling a strange heaviness.

Don't agree, Amelia. Don't.

"Dhruv..." She raised her head.

Please, Amelia, no.

"You must know I don't have any feeling for you..."

Yeah say no, Amelia. No, please.

"...as of now."

No...

"But I'll be glad to be your girlfriend." Amelia completed.

Taking a step back, he hit the tree but couldn't feel anything other than sinking feeling in his chest that started to transform into anger as Dhruv hugged Amelia and she too responded with happiness.

What the hell is her problem? Who agree to be girlfriend to a stupid local who isn't even as charming as him?

Groaning at his thoughts, Ashley took some steps away from the damnly-new-found couples. To hell with them.

"Are you okay?" A meek voice reached his ears and he turned to look at Honey.

His eyes followed back to Amelia and Dhruv who were now out of his hearing but seemed to be talking something romantic, if their serene faces were anything to go by. Heat passed his body and he barely kept himself under control.

What the hell did happen?

"Ashley?" Honey called again, her voice dipping in sweetness as her name.

Why can't Amelia call him in same manner?

._____.

Shredded paper was clear among rubbish, its every piece slicing Ava heart. She had thought it to be one of those anonymous notes, she was receiving from quite some time now. It had same ink and same paper. Just different handwriting.

It turned out to be of Archie's first message to her. The broken look on his face was evident for her when he had confronted her. If it wasn't for confrontation, she might've never knew Archie did it for her.

A fear was rearing in her heart. How would she identify Archie message next time if this continued in same manner? That was the part of reason she had mildly put forward the need to message her directly instead of such old fashioned method. Archie didn't take it lightly, it seemed.

Sighing, Ava stepped out of boy's suite to her own. The little decoration was completed. A smile tipped her lips.

Archie would surely love it. And maybe things will just get better between them.

Voice of footsteps reached her ears and smile lightened her face. She should've gone with him but she had to back off at last minute to mend their relationship that had just gone a bit awkward.

Drumming her foot on floor, she counted seconds in her mind. He must be coming there in any minute after finding the other suite empty and unlocked.

The door opened and Archie entered with a worried expressions. His gaze wandered frantically and finally halted on observing the hall. Jaws dropped, he stood rooted to the spot.

"Surprise," Ava said, looking in his eyes to read his feelings.

"This is really a surprise, I didn't expect." Archie smiled.

Ava walked up to him and placed her arms on his shoulders.

"What did you expect then?" Ava asked raising her eyebrow in challenge.

"Maybe something more exciting?" Archie said playing around.

As their lips came closer, a shadow passed from the periphery startling Ava out of her mood.

"Archie." Her eyes frantically searching for the shadow.

"What's wrong?" Archie asked, worry clear on his face despite the disappointment.

"There's someone."

Looking around Archie tried to find what Ava was talking about.

"Let us check around." Archie said.

Nodding, they moved in opposite direction trying to search the person who were threatening their existence.

The place, however, seemed untouched of any malevolence. Their search fruitless, they returned to hall and looked at each other in disappointment and worry.

"There's no one." Archie announced.

"But there was someone." Ava ran a desperate hand in her hair.

How could someone enter without her notice, move around and then escape without gaining their attention? Was she getting paranoid now?

The decoration stared sadly as the mood suddenly shifted in the hall. The shadow casted over their minds as they stared the empty hall with no result.