Chapter 5 - Bonfire and Fireworks

The cool breeze was freshening and the horde of pleasant green was calming to eyes. Her hair enjoying the breeze passing through it and her heart felt at home amid the wilderness. Far away, the beautiful sky painted in gray clouds with orange rays of setting sun was another sight to enjoy.

The camping idea was awesome and she could feel it already. The whispering of wind, the shivering of leaves and the swaying of branches were going to make their stay all the more serene.

It was perfect.

"If your chatting is done, you can give me some help here, Ethan" the distant disgruntled voice said in not so polite manner

Absolutely perfect, except for the disastrous incarnation of stupid dragon.

Twisting her head, she caught his eyes spitting fire in her direction. For a moment they kept on staring at each other with daggers being thrown in silence.

"It was suppose to be a group work, right Archie?" He questioned without tearing the gaze away from her "but when some people are idling around then forget I'll do even a minute work"

Sighing aggravatedly knowing the remark was directed towards her just as his eyes were, Amelia stood up dusting her dress.

As she stepped in the premises of their camping, she found Archie busy in arranging food in a small wind-based refrigerator and Ava working with Ethan.

She rose her eyebrow at the sight. She had thought Ava felt something for Archie but if it was true, why the hell was she with Ethan.

Shrugging and throwing an angry glare towards Ashley, Amelia sat beside Archie.

"Let me help you, Archie" Amelia said, she sat beside Archie and analysed the food with sharp eyes.

Archie sighed looking at Amelia and passed her a tired smile. His eyes turned to Ava working and laughing with Ethan.

There was a strange heaviness in his chest and he wasn't able to lift it off. There was no reason to feel anything and whatsoever but the heaviness and disturbance wasn't leaving his side.

He separated the meat from the rest of food for tonight. Since the city was crowded with forests having no sea or river for fish and the people were mostly vegetarians so even imported fish was out of question.

"Thanks little tigress or else some people only knows how to throw tantrums" Archie said rolling his eyes at Ashley

"and some are busy flirting..." Added Archie, in a low voice, looking at Ethan with a strange anger.

Amelia raised her eyebrow in amusement. She didn't miss the last less audible part with his jealous look.

"Anything wrong, Archie?" Amelia asked pressing her smirk but failing. Though Archie was too deeper in his misery to notice her facial expressions.

"Everything" Archie grunted, regretting the fact that he brought Ethan with him, for the First time.

"Sorry?" Amelia asked feigning that she didn't hear his trisyllabic word

Archie realised his situation and looked at Amelia for a moment before looking away. He ran a desperate hand in his hair messing them up. It was good that Amelia didn't hear his thoughts.

"N- nothing" Archie said waving off the question while cursing under his breath.

He hated himself for offering his friends to come and he hated Ashley for agreeing to him for the first time.

"Damn everyone" Archie cried in whisper, he felt so trapped and miserable at that moment.

.

The fire was blazing and crackling, engulfing the wood slowly and steadily. The flames raising higher and higher. The cool wind mingled with the warmth of fire.