Chapter 28 - Chocolate and Blood

"Everything feels like an illusion," Amelia said, sitting on the chair with Ava.

"Because it was, until now," Ava said preparing her breakfast. "But that's not the issue, how we deal it is real problem."

Every proof was in favour of unnatural theory, from the video that Dhruv gave to Ava and Archie who were the witnesses of one such event.

"You mean how we get rid of supernatural, right?" Amelia said giving skeptic look to Ava. They knew nothing about those people, apart from their efforts to stay low, trying to be safe from them was a difficult task.

"We'll find something," Ava said. "There's always a loophole waiting to be exploited."

"Let's just hope you're right," Amelia mumbled, forming mindless patterns on table with index finger.

The clock ticked by as they enjoyed the silence of suite which was rare from quite some time. Boys were out for some works of their own.

"What about your contract, Ava baby?" Amelia asked, leaning lazily on the table.

"Riva took care of it excellently." Ava answered chewing on the sandwich.

Just like the way she took care of Ava during her worst times. Amelia looked down, she couldn't get over the regret of letting her emotions get better off her and hurting the only person she had pledged to be with forever.

"I got some complains about you." Ava said fixing her with a meaningful gaze.

"Let me guess, fans think I abundaned photography," Amelia said, she wasn't answering to her fans and clients.

"You have to publish album by the start of next month," Ava said, softening her voice. "And even if I ignore fan's claims, I can't neglect that you don't have enough pictures."

"That's not an issue, Av. This place is full of aesthetic stills. Its just... You know the problems we're facing," Amelia said looking at Ava with troubled expressions.

From her group to the new friends they made along with their new enemies and a past demanding their attention, Amelia had her plate so crowded that she was failing to concentrate properly.

"I know but as your assistant I'll advice you to take sometime for your routine. You can't just sit and lament your mistakes and be scared of future," Ava said leaning closer. "You have to better your future in both cases and future demands action."

"That's easy for you, Av. You got assistant to take care of your business but my assistant is sitting in front of me in the same mess as me, and let's just agree you don't take pictures for me," Amelia made childish faces, feeling the heat of her own decisions.

"Then let's also agree Riva doesn't make presentations and crack deals for me. I do that myself sitting here. C'mon Amy, you were never this much behind your work. You love photography don't you?" Ava said, further softening her tone as if talking to kid.

"I do," Amelia said, giving out a sigh. "But seems like this place is occupying me in wrong places."

"And I got solution for that very problem."

They turned to Ethan who entered the hall with a box in his hand and huge smile on his face.

"Chocolate cake to ease the day," Ethan said placing the cake in front of Amelia.

Amelia stared the cake, bewildered.

"Unhealthy a day wouldn't affect you." Ethan encouraged, leaning on the table.

"It looks yum..." Amelia said, already feeling the urge to dig in the chocolatey delicacy.

"All yours..." Ethan said.