Danger

After I'd locked myself in my loft, the men left and I'd found a note taped onto my mirror. Simply a set of numbers, along with a neat "Sam" written on it. I put the number into my phone. "Journey," Jan poked her head in. I look towards her. "Get dressed and ready. Wake's in two hours." She smiles solemnly, and I nod quickly. I took a shower and did my hair and makeup. I then grabbed my dress, pulling it on and slipping on dark nylons and the low heels I'd had. I grab my clutch and headphones, and I slip them and my cellphone into the bag. I walk down the steps, keeping a blank face as I followed Jan to the car.

I've been standing in one completely still spot for the entire duration so far. People are watching. Staring. Whispering. I blink and walk towards Jan, her smile making my chest hurt. I caught a glance of Harry. My brain flashed painful images in my head. "I'm going for a walk." I felt her rub my shoulder. I walked out of the large room, heading to the small set of woods surrounding the grounds. I instantly felt something watching me as I kept walking. My eyes flick around, taking in every bit of information quickly. Signs of life really. I heard a sudden rush and a figure hit me, hard, knocking me into my ass. One shoe fell off as I got up and ran, going the first direction I could. I followed trails and kept going seeing things flash past. I stopped for a few seconds, pulling off the other shoe and then speed walking. I pull out my cellphone, hitting Sam's contact and I call, moving quickly through the brush. "Hello?" The familiar voice came through. "Sam?" I question quickly, out of breath. "Journey? What's wrong?" He asked quickly. "I-I don't know. I went for a walk in the small woods outside the funeral parlor Jan rented. I'm lost, Sam, and something is chasing me." I speak quickly, my dress getting caught in a branch and making me tumble over and screech. I rip the dress free, grabbing the phone as I heard Sam yelling. "I'm okay." I spoke into the receiver. "Damn it, Journey." He growls. "Please, please come quickly. I'm really scared... okay? That's what family does right?" I ask, my chest hurting. "Yeah, Jour. We're almost there. Don't worry. Stay where you are." He let out a breath. Another figure flashed past. I took of again. "It's coming for me, Sam, I'm not staying in one place. I'm not stupid." I growl back, "I just frickin' saw it again." I let out a breath. I clutch my shoe in my hand. The figure flies past again, knocking me into a small break in the trees. I scramble into it and grab the phone. "Jour?" I take in a breath. "It keeps hitting me. Sam, please hurry" I whine, tears quickly filling my eyes, making my breaths uneven. A figure passed in the dying light and I threw the shoe at it. "Sammy, please!" I yelled into the phone. I sat there, tears falling down my cheeks. I kept as quiet as possible. Fighting back screeches as the figures moved more and more. One loud crashing sound erupted into the brush, suddenly throwing three new figures into the foliage. I jumped to my feet and dashed towards them, Sam easily hugging me as I kept looking around. "I swear something was following me, I swear." I looked at them all, keeping a blank face as they looked around. The figure flashed past one more time, Dean snapping his shotgun upward in the direction. "You saw that right? I'm not going mad?" I ask, my voice coming out a whisper. "Yeah." Dean sighs glancing my way. "Cas?" Dean asked quietly. "Yes, Dean?" He answered back. "You come with me. Sammy you get Jour safe to the car." He points a finger. Sam nods, taking my hand easily and leading me through the brush. My heart is beating out of my chest. Sam pulls on my arm and helps me over a broken log, completely ignoring trails. My dress gets caught again and I rip it free, completely tearing the top layer of the skirt off in the process. I squeeze the fabric in my hands as Sam helped me through the brush, where the Impala sat in the dark parking lot with a confused and worried looking Jan. I let out a breath and look back at the tree line, hearing crashing sounds coming through as Jan ran towards us. She grabs me and tries to pull me away from Sam, I wrench myself out of her grip, Dean and Cas walking out of the trees then. "Journey, get away from them." Jan tried to grab me again. "No." my throat hurt from the deep tone that came from my mouth. "They saved me." I growl. "They're dangerous, is what they are." she tries to grab me again but I move away. "They're my family. You insult them, you insult me." I meet her eyes. "I'm leaving Rayesville." I add. "No you're not." she counters. "Yes I am. I'm eighteen and I will make my own choices." I step backward and walk past them all, straight towards the Impala.