Scirstie- Mend a Heart

Start from the beginning

"Kirst-"

"Don't bother Jeremy. Just both of you leave. We're done Jeremy and Alex," I stare him straight in the eyes, "If you were going to do this, today was the worst day. Don't expect to ever talk to him again."

I turn around and hear Jeremy but ignore him. I start to head to Scott's room.

"Hey Kirst Scott just ran past. What's up?" Mitch asked.

"I'll explain later. Can just make sure Jeremy and Alex leave and don't come back?"

"Yeah, sure." I think he's gotten the gist of it by now.

I continue up the stairs and see Scott's left his bedroom door open.

"Scottie?" I whisper walking in slowly. He's sitting on the edge of his bed, face buried in his hands. When he hears me, he looks up and my heart breaks. His face is already red and tearstained, and there's waterfalls of tears pouring out of his eyes.

He says, "I'm sorry. I'm here crying, when you just went through the same thing. I'm such a crybaby-"

"Sh," I place my finger on his mouth, "Don't say that."

I open my arms and he immediately buried his face into my stomach.

"I don't know what I did wrong. Maybe I'm not just worth it."

"No!" I pull back quickly and tilt his face up to look him in the eye.

"You're amazing and caring and talented and smart and funny and beautiful. Heck you're perfect."

"Then why would Alex cheat on me?"

"Because he's an idiot and can't see that he had an amazing boyfriend, that's he's just lost."

"What if he still thinks we're together. I don't want to ever talk to him again."

"Oh don't worry I dealt with that."

"What did you do?" Scott raised his eyebrow at me.

"Just gave him a piece of my mind. He's lucky I was too worried about you to murder him."

"That's a bit drastic."

"Ah no! Anyone who breaks my best friends heart deserves to have a very painful death."

Scott brings my head down to his and kisses my forehead.

"This is why I love you." But only as a friend.

"I love you too, Scottybuckets." More than you'll ever know.

"Why aren't you upset?" I am. I mean he cheated on me, that hurts. But the most pain comes from the fact that you'll never love me as much I love you.

"I was going to break up with him tonight anyway."

"Why?"

"I like someone else."

"Who?"

"I'm not telling you!"

I see the cogs whirring in his brain as he thinks.

"You know Mitch is gay, right?"

I laugh hard, "Of course, dope!"

I shove his shoulder, but his arms are still around my waist so I fall on top of him.

"What's that?" I say referring to the thing in Scott's pocket that's poking me in the thigh. He sighs heavily as I get off. He sits up and motions for me to sit on his knee, like a child would sit on Santa's lap. I sit down as he pulls a small black box out of his pocket. He opens it and passes it to me. Inside is a beautiful gold ring with a clear diamond.