Mirstie ~ Where's the Truth?

Kirstin was driving to Scott's house for an emergency meeting. She was wondering what this meeting was about. The last one was definitely a life changer.

~~~~~~~~~ three months earlier~~~~~~~~

"Our views are dropping," Esther exclaimed, "What are we going to do?"

"What if we give them something they wanted to see?" Kevin suggested.

"Like what Kev. I like that idea I thought of it as well, but the only thing I could think of was that we have a couple in the group, but that obviously won't happen."

"Why not?" Matt asked.

"Well you're engaged to Sarah, Kevin's already married and Scotties way too happy with Mark for the fan base to believe they broke up."

"What about Mitch and Kirstie?" Scott asked.

The pair mentioned who were recently looking into space suddenly came back to Earth.

"What about us?" the pair said in unison.

"That's the perfect love story," Scott started, "They dated in highschool, broke up and now one is gay, but our story will be that Mitch has discovered that he's no longer gay and is still in love with Kristie. Kirst has been heartbroken since Jeremy but secretly pining over her best friend. Boom story."

"Not happening," Mitch exclaimed.

"Why not? It would only have to be fake dating. The only other option is that we bring Avi back into the picture and Kavi becomes a thing."

"No!" Kirstie yelled. No one actually knew what happened with the old bass and their soprano but it obviously wasn't great.

The group sat in silence.

"Mitch?" Esther asked.

"Ugh, fine. How long is this gonna go on for?"

"Until we get the views back up and it doesn't look like it's gonna go down due to the two of you breaking up."

"Are you sure you're okay with this?" Matt asked, "You'd have to act a lot."

"I'm fine with it," Kirst said.

"Yea it's okay. At least it's my best friend. I still love her I just have to pretend I'm in love with her. That shouldn't be too hard."

"How are we gonna announce this? And what's your story?" Esther said.

"Our story can be that we got together about a month ago once when we went to Starbucks together and discovered we both still liked each other," Kirstie said.

"I like it."

"And we can announce it in the livestream we have to do today. We'll act more like we're dating and then pretend we decided to post it on Twitter and Insta after the questions we'll most likely get from the stream," Mitch suggested.

So that's what they did. The two of them pretend to keep talking privately during the stream and at one point Mitch even leaned over to nuzzle Kirstie neck. The question came firing but they ignored them all. Afterwards, they posted on Mitch's and Kirstie's accounts that they were dating with a picture of Mitch kissing Kirstie on the cheek.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So for the last three months the pair pretended to date. Constantly over at each other's places, and going out together. They made a special appearance at Matt and Sarah's wedding where the two spent the entire night together. Rumour was the two disappeared for an hour and that they made out. Reality was that the pair went for a walk because the amount of people was overwhelming them. Kirst had struggled lately as some of her feelings for Mitch started to return but she found it easy to hide them.