13: Jealously or not? Baby crow is flying!

Start from the beginning

He sure is full of surprises.

..

"Ugh, I can't get the timing right." Hinata slouch after having many fails of trying to hit the tosses that Kageyama gives. "You got quick reflexes! Get in there like this and like that!" Kageyama feels irritating at the letdown Hinata gave him, he thought Hinata would be like you, spiking his tosses with no problem as his physical skill are pretty impressive, to say the least.

But he ignores one point, Hinata isn't as experienced as you are, he never enters as many tournaments as you before. The only tournament he ever enters is the one where he encounters Kageyama, meaning that Hinata isn't as strong as Kageyama thought he would be.

But with little training here and there and some advice along the way, he would have enough grains to upgrade himself as a full-grown crow. For now, he is just a baby crow sitting at the nest, screaming for food from someone of is better in this field.

"Which one is it, like this or like that?" Now they are describing spiking as sound, making you more confuse as ever what is what, the problem is you don't know whether if they are talking about the same thing. You felt like they are communicating through some language that never did exist.

"Can you guys explain it more clearly?" You furrow your brows, feeling a bit infuriating. "That's not important!" Tanaka suddenly yells out, and it seems he gets what are they talking about. It makes you feel like you're the dumb one in a group of genius when it's actually the opposite.

"Kageyama," Sugawara calls out, causing all your team's attention on him. "It's not working," Sugawara said but then mutter out words nervously when he saw all curious eyes are on him, hoping to receive some tips to solve the problem they are facing from their upperclassmen.

"Hinata has good reflexes, speed and can somehow jump. He attacks quickly." He praises Hinata skills to Sugawara while pointing him, but Hinata can't help getting attack when Kageyama said he can somehow jump.

"I think your tosses are canceling out Hinata's speed," Sugawara said making Kageyama curious why his upperclassman would say that. Sugawara said although Hinata is inexperienced and unskilled, unlike those talented teammates that he played with during junior high but he has potential.

During Sugawara speech, Hinata was an emotional rollercoaster, at first he was dejected when he said Hinata's weakness but then happy when he misheard potential as a genius because that's the word his family and friend never compliment him about. Cause you know, he is a dumbass after all.

Sugawara was struggling with how to say this to Kageyama as he is afraid of how would he take those words because Hinata and Kageyama declare as rivals and have been a bad term with each other. "You can really make something out of him!"

He then tells Kageyama how envious he is when he saw how impressive he is while playing volleyball, everything Kageyama does as a setter clearly surpasses him even though Sugawara been in the field longer than Kageyama and he clearly believes that Kageyama can understand Hinata could pull off this quick successfully if he takes a step back.

Kageyama was quiet after hearing Sugawara's advice, the suddenly turns to Hinata, who is trying to ask for help from Tanaka since he can't figure out what's going on in Kageyama's mind. Kageyama suddenly speaks up causing Hinata to be cautious, but the next sentences that came out from Kageyama's mouth surprise Hinata even more.

"I wish I had your athleticism. That's why I hate to see it wasted. If that's the case, I'll make use of your abilities." You and Tanaka were as surprise and confused as Hinata was. Kageyama points at Hinata with a determined look on his face, the male is secretly brewing something in his brain, and you hate it yet excited at the same time.

You wonder what awesome things could this man do to amaze you, he is a genius you have to say when it comes to volleyball and there is no doubt about it, so it's keeping on your toes to even wait for it.

A picture is worth a thousand words. So, what are you going to show me in those smart mind of yours, Kageyama?

..

You watch Kageyama huffs out a breath while you are still in position, he definitely charges up after his talk with Sugawara and Hinata, even the crowd could tell. The ball is in the air and the match has started, this moment would be the climax of the battle, the chance of overthrowing the opponent team would lie at this very moment and Kageyama's hand.

You receive it perfectly as you always did, and now it's Kageyama turns to toss, Kageyama tosses the ball into the air, Tsukishima thought Hinata would mess the spike up so he gave up on him and aim for Tanaka, but boy oh boy, he makes the worst mistake of his life by looking down on the growing baby crow.

Hinata runs as fast as he could towards the net and makes a quick turn to the other side of the court, causing everyone to feel surprised by his action, He jumps as high as he could while sunlight that creeps by the window shone on his face.

Kageyama skillfully tosses the ball directly to Hinata's hand, his hand slams down the ball to make a huge thumps sound in the gym, leaving you guys speechless at the scene. The moment was too majestic to even mutter a word, to beautiful to be described, Kageyama's tosses and Hinata's spike combine to become a breathtaking scene that leaves you awe.

Hinata... Hinata is flying!

//

If you guys notice I combine two scene together, I hope you guys don't mind. I think it makes the scene more memorable and I'm too lazy to write two scene.