25: Sudden practice match and a new serve

( •̀ ω •́ )y

~

You were getting some water bottles for your teammates as you were scared that those two will be exhausted by dehydration since they have been training much more than anyone else. As you reach the gym door, you saw a familiar back standing there watching what's happening on the inside. 

With the huge build and that hairstyle, it must be the ace coming to see what is happening to the club. Although he said he doesn't care and doesn't want to know, however, his action just betrayed him. "Asahi-san." You said making him turn around, you slowly walk to him and bow at a 90-degree angle.

"Eh?" He was confused as he wasn't that much of an important person to bow down at 90-degree. "I apologize for my action this lunch break. I was inconsiderate." You said as you are still in that position until Asahi pulls your body up with his hand.  

"It's okay. You weren't wrong about me, I was a bit selfish." Asahi said as he scatch his face, his face displayed that he is still feeling bad for his former teammates for his action. "We're going to get those damn cats." Hinata's loud voice rang all around the gym causing Asahi's attention to be on him.

His mouth gape open, not believe that their old rival is willing to fight the team. Daichi suddenly speaks up from behind causing Asahi to cower with fear as he knew how scary Daichi is when he is mad. Seeing that this is an old friend reunion and you were never was a part of it in the first place, you ran into the gym and give Kageyama and Hinata the bottles.

..

As the usual practice commence, Takeda-sensei brings in a huge surprise for the team - an actual coach! Although he was known as the manager from the convenience store down the hill, as for you knew him as the master's grandson.

As he meets up with the team, he abruptly announces that there has a match soon after without notice. Even though you didn't like to be suddenly put in a position without a note, but you don't have a choice to say in this matter anyway.

"Hey, Kiddo! Long time no see I seen you have grown into a beautiful lady." The dyed-yellow hair male said while he ruffles your hair as a sign of affection. "Ah, yes. Hello to you too, Ukai-san." You said as you fixed your hair by tying it into a braid.

Ever since that time when Sugawara fixed your hair into a braid, you started to like the hairstyle then. After many nights of trying to tie it yourselves, you finally perfected the technique. It's more durable and you didn't need to fix it over and over again.

"Ah, another rare sight of [Last Name]!" Tanaka compliments you with a big thumbs up which caught Nishinoya's attention. "Oh! You look great in those!" Nishinoya said copying Tanaka which you smile at their silliness. "Thank you." You said as you pat Nishinoya's head.

You knew he would get offended but yet you still did it, because he's like an angry pomeranian and you like it. "How dare you!" Nishinoya said as he waves his arms and legs as he was holding back by Tanaka. "Calm down," Tanaka said as he tries to hold him back but he was slipping since Nishinoya is more energizing than he thought.

..

After practicing for some time, a young adult with glasses walks into the gym who is also a convenience store manager which makes you thinks is the whole team's member are all convenience store manager that would be hilarious. 

Unfortunately, that didn't happen as you actually didn't recognize some of them. They have much more experience than you guys but you guys have much more stamina than them so it's unclear which will win or lose.

Your team is full of members but on the other side, the town team has a lot of empty space since some of them couldn't arrive at the match because of adult's responsibility. Nishinoya didn't want to be a part of the match because of the absence of Asahi. 

Although Daichi tries to exclude Nishinoya however the coach still includes him in the town team, and as the empty position of the setter has been filled in by Sugawara and he saw this as a chance to tries to out beat Kageyama and declare war on him.

Although some will almost misunderstand the relationship between them as a rival instead of teammates, however, in your eyes you just saw two teammates compete with each other to improve themselves each and every day. 

You were kinda grateful to Sugawara for not actually compete with Kageyama for the setter position, and give the position to the one that is better than himself in setting instead of bitting on to the position and never let go, not many can do that, not the ones that you recognizes. 

..

As the practice match started, you were the one who will serve the first ball. Your teammates sweat in worrisome since your serving skills are not actually the best, even the coach prays for your team and sighs in agony. But soon you will make them look at you in a different light since you got a new serving teacher.

Kageyama looks at you with worried eyes, but his eyes widen afterward. You throw the ball up and run to it just to smash at it with full force, does this serve sound familiar? If not, let's look it at from Kageyama's perspective.

The action in Kageyama's eyes is the serve that he pleaded so much from his upperclassmen to teach him that awesome move of his but alas the upperclassmen wouldn't teach him no matter how much he pleaded since he was jealous of Kageyama's skill and this is the only move that will make him special.

If he teaches it to Kageyama, no one would even spare a glance at him.

Is that Oikawa-san's serve?