12: My serving and social skill need help

( o=^•ェ•)o ┏━┓

~

One more. Just one more.

That's what you have been thinking as you smack those ball one by one, giving you another excuse for you to move more and spike more. You can help it but those tosses were too perfect and too addicted for you, Kageyama's infamous tosses were like a key to your spiking door, a complete match for heaven, the perfect puzzle piece for each other.

"Nice kill, [Name]!" Tanaka raises his hand for a high five, you reluctantly accept his offer. "Although, your spikes are good while your serve is quite... um... how do I say this..." He rubs his chin, trying his best to select the perfect word to describe your serve within his limited vocabulary.

"My serve is bad, I know." You said bitterly before sucking your water bottle as hard as you can, your former coach always told you that although your good at controlling the ball when the net is nearby you when it comes to serving, your couch is going to have a stroke after explaining what's wrong with your serve.

It's a blessing and a curse, if you serve, the ball might be 80% not pass over the net but if the 20% chances happen, your opponent will be alert because they let their guard down when it's come to you doing the serve.

But your spiking skills are too good to be left eating dust at the bench, so your coach reluctantly puts you in the starting team of your junior high volleyball team. Instead of correcting your ways of serving a ball, you coach advise your teammates to be in high alert and try to make the ball stay above the ground when it comes to you doing the serving.

"That's one way of saying it..." Tanaka sweatdrop you dissing your own skill, you weren't high and mighty as he thought you would be, you were honest and straightforward without hurting anyone feeling kinda but you would confess your weakness so that was surprising.

Another thing I learn about [Name]. Score!

"Maybe you should learn a thing or two about serving by Oikawa-senpai if he ever teaches you of course." Kageyama joined the conversation but ended with a sour face. "You meant the famous flower boy at Aoba Josai? Just you wait, I will win him and all his fangirls will be turning to me! " He smirks as he rubs his chin cheekily while fantasizing the image on his mind.

"I will keep that in mind. Thanks." His face light up and an almost unnoticed blush splatter on his face. "When did I help you, dumbass?" He says as he walks away while muttering something, but you, on the other hand, were quite weird out by his action.

Just like Veronica Swayer once said in Heather: The Musical: "What happened?"

Not thinking much about it, you throw it at the back of your head. Your eyes glance towards Hinata who was bitterly sulking, at first you didn't think much about it, but you think about what you just said before taking the practice seriously.

"I'll return the spikes to you when our points are tied."

You then glance at the scoring board, you were too carried away to even notice that your team has taken the lead by winning the opponent team a couple of points. You felt guilty for building your happiness on others' miserable state, although you did it unintentionally, however you felt guilty either way.

How should I say this? Should I apologize? What should I do? I never have done this before...

While you were thinking about how to come out with a solution to overcome the boulder that held you from fixing your relationship with Hinata, you unconsciously pacing around the room and capture all people who are at the gym's attention.

The way your head raises for a second and shakes at the next makes them curious about what's going in your head. "Do she have mental retardation?" Tsukishima said, not really expecting an answer. "Tsukki, that's mean!" Yamaguchi said but it was quickly shot down by Tsukishima's infamous quote.

"Are you okay? [Name]?" Tanaka asks worryingly causing you to snaps out from your thinking, you quickly make your way to Hinata, who was surprised by your presence. You pat his shoulder and mutter good luck, at first he was furious, he thought you were looking down on him.

"Kageyama! Toss the ball to Hinata from now on!" You yell causing the setter to furrow his brow but agreed on either way. Hinata's eyes sparkle a bit by your announcement, feeling a bit ashamed by his previous feeling towards you. Finally, with you out of the way he could spike the ball down.

..

Hinata always thought you were an awesome player, you always have limelight when playing volleyball, you already have your glory and fame so why would you try to fight with him for something you already got.

When you spike those ball down, Hinata was staring at your back with a bittersweet taste rolling off his tongue. He was angry, of course, he was supposed to be the one who was spiking Kageyama's tosses, it was supposed to be his time to shine but yet, you had to interfere and stole the spotlight from him.

When the two teams' points are tied, he was looking at your back with a lustful eye. Not that lust, is the lust that desire, craving for the offensive move to fall into his hand, hoping you would pass the spiking position back to him, but why is he even expecting, you yelled once more to Kagayama, leaving the poor male to be in despair.

But thank his lucky star, you finally notice and put the torch of fire into his hand once again, although you were unintentional but Hinata couldn't help but be mad at you. But he needs to put this thing aside, as he needs to win this game and prove to you that he is a great player too so he won't felt guilty for all the feelings he has towards you and the high expectation you have for him.

Just you wait, [Name]! I will become the best and surpass you!

//

Sorry if Hinata seems out of character. But it just felt right for him to think that way. 

My baby boi just release a song, please if you are interested, give it a listen.