8: I'm in a club now. And I'm the only girl.

╰(艹皿艹 )

~

Days have passed as Hinata pulls you out at lunch break to practice volleyball much to your dismay, the day of the Saturday match that might change everything Kageyama has trained for will arrived at last. Because of Hinata's constant pleading, you made your way to the gym and faced an interesting moment.

"Toss?" This makes you raise your head from looking at the ground, Kageyama was making a toss to Hinata, that was a surprise. Hinata quickly ran over and spike the ball over the net with an over the moon expression display on his face, this makes you smile, just for a bit.

Hinata has been tense and nervous lately so his sunshine smile hasn't appeared for a while which makes you worry, but looking at him with a goofy smile just because he spikes Kageyama's tosses makes your worry gone in a flash.

Instead of rushing over to Kageyama and questioning him, he plops to the ground using all fours while coughing from exhaustion. You, being a worried mother to Hinata is, rushes to him and pat his back to make him feel better. As you took out your water bottle for him, he quickly takes it away from your hand and drinks all of it in one gulp but it backs fire making him choking on water.

You let out a sigh as you continue to pat his back. "Hey." The cold voice that Hinata is familiar with for the past days calls out making him raises his head to see Kageyama's face. "We're going to win tomorrow." Hinata didn't answer but just keep staring at him which creep him out but as soon as Kageyama walks away, Hinata answers back:" O-Of course we will!"

Seeing Hinata was going to puke, with your quick reaction, you skip back a few steps away from Hinata at the second he puke out in exhaustion. "AH! Tanaka, water! And take a rag!"

..

After mopping all of the puke that Hinata just caused, you help Sugawara and Tanaka clean up the rest of the place. You were mopping around the place using the sweeper that's store in the cleaning closet, quite fun you might add.

(I want to write janitor closet but then I realize there is no janitor in Japanese school.)

As you were jogging around the gym while pushing the sweeper in front of you, Tanaka and Sugawara were giving each other a sight debating who should ask you the question. "Ah, [Last Name]," Sugawara called out as Tanaka was too chicken out at talking to you. "Yes, senpai?" You continue to do your duties while listening to what he has to say.

He ran beside you with the sweeper in his hand as well, you notice he looks conflict in asking you things. "It's okay, senpai. You can spit it out, I won't get offended." Listen what you just said makes him let out a sigh of relief, maybe talking to you isn't that hard at all.

"Um, you see. Our club needed people like you. Fast, strong, and good receiving skills." You blink your eyelashes, not get what he is getting nor referring to. "So?" "So-" Sugawara got cut out by Tanaka, who couldn't sit still with the excitement bubbling inside of him. "Join our team!"

It takes you a second to realize what he is talking about. "But I'm a girl, you know that right?" You stop your track as you use your hand to point your body. "And?" It turns for Sugawara and Tanaka to get confused and stop their tracks by raising their eyebrows. "Your club is for boys. You know the boys' volleyball team." This makes them laugh.

"Our club was the first register as a coed club. Since our upperclassmen wanted to form a volleyball club but lack members so they work with the girls who were facing the same problem. As the years go by, the girls leave our club and form their own but our club remains as coed."

You process what Tanaka stories have meant to you, the news fills your bored eyes with excitement as your mouth twitch in happiness. You hold his hands tightly which he blushes, you started became Hinata as you jump in place with delight. "S-so that meant I can join you guys and continue to play volleyball!" Sugawara and Tanaka were taken back by your joyful expression.

They never knew you would have a kid enter the candy store expression hidden inside you, they thought you would be like 'Yes. I'll think about it.' and continue the cleaning. But hey, they learn new things every day. "U-um, yeah." That's all Tanaka could mutter out. You let out a genuine smile that could melt everyone's heart as you slightly bow your head and said "Thank you."

"You should smile more, [Name]! Your smile is super beautiful." The comment immediately makes you change your smiling face into the usual dull one. "No. Sorry. Smiling require a lot of energy to do and I'm too tired to do that." You continue your final cleaning round before putting the sweeper back into the cleaning closet.

Before leaving the gym, you take the club form from Sugawara and bows your head in respect to your upperclassmen. Tanaka sigh in disappointment as he slaps Sugawara's arm. "Suga! Why would you say that! I was savoring [Last Name]'s sweet smile! Ah, it still leaves a huge sensation on my heart when I recall her smile!" Tanaka places a hand on where his heart is as he wiggles his body.

Sugawara was recalling what your expression is when he breaks the fun, your eyes were sad than it was dull. He wonders what makes you became an expressionless girl you are today and why is smiling at someone is such a hassle to you.

I should ask Hinata about this. I hope this won't be a problem for us in the future.