Inside the pathway was a moderately deep tunnel directing to who knows where. But with Darkpaw's rather peculiar sharp eyes, he could see light far ahead. Mashpaw on the opposite hand didn't mind the uncomfortable darkness and strolled casually.

"How was this huge tunnel created?" Darkpaw asked, his voice echoing throughout the obscurations.

"None of us know," Mashpaw responded. "It was told that this tree was located like this. Our ancestors discovered it and decided to create the Lightning Clan headquarters here."

"Wow, this truly is amazing," Darkpaw stated in amusement. "Never seen anything like it, although the flawless darkness is uncomfortable."

No response was caught from Mashpaw, she plainly proceeded to cruise.

What a shriveled old lady, Darkpaw thought, a grimaced expression on his face.

As they got closer, the daylight began to brighten half of the tunnel. Dull flourishing vines emerged from little fissures of the trunk. Numerous birds nest at the top, chirping wildly, the noise reverberating everywhere. The brilliance became more vivid as they proceeded to get closer to the exit. Finally, the moment had conclusively arrived. They escaped the dim tunnel and were now facing the Lightning Clan base. Darkpaw couldn't believe his eyes.

It was beautiful, filled with lots of blossoming and colorful flowers, a miniature waterfall plunging into a stream where numerous older and younger pups bathed. There were several little dens built of timber and stone, even dens formed up in the trees. It was a packed community where multiple wolves ate, played, trained, bathed, worked, and so on. Darkpaw just couldn't help but picture himself living there, creating a family, becoming part of the Lightning Clan population.

That's when all the movement and activity halted and everyone placed their eyes on the entry/exit of the tunnel. They all gazed at Mashpaw and Darkpaw, mainly the charcoal-coated wolf. Some of them gasped in fright as the aroma of Darkpaw entered their snouts. All of them glared at the brute disgustingly and horrifyingly.

"Who of the Shadow Clan has entered our territory!?" A thundering voice exclaimed from inside the crowd.

The crowded wolves made a pathway for whoever had shouted. Emerging from the packed group came a silver-plated-coated wolf with bright fresh neon-blue eyes. It first settled its eyes on Mashpaw and scowled and then subsequently it glanced at Darkpaw, gazing deeply into his coppered eyes, piercing through his soul.

What a scary wolf, Darkpaw thought, avoiding her eyesight. That wolf must be the leader and judging from her voice it's a woman.

"Mashpaw, did you bring this young Shadow Clan member here?" The silver-coated wolf asked gently.

"Yes," Mashpaw replied. "He has infiltrated our territory and not just that, he claims that he doesn't remember anything as well, My Lady. He was all alone in the groves."

She carried her eyes apart from Mashpaw and glared at Darkpaw once again, this time creeping closer. Darkpaw's heart thumped against the center of his chest, an unusual aura strouding around her body, just like the other dark wolf who had struck Darkpaw.

"Who are you and what are you doing in our territory?" She growled silently.

"I-I don't know," Darkpaw stammered, withdrawing. "All I remember is my name: Darkpaw."

The wolf's eyes widened in shock and she inched backward. "What? You mean, the infamous Darkpaw, The Slaughter Lord?"

"What!?" Mashpaw exclaimed in surprise.