TWENTY-ONE (Iselen POV)

"Is that my home?"

"Yes, that light flickering in the distance is the tower of Dunira." Ruby stands on tiptoes trying to take a better look at the crenels over the tree tops through the lancet windows with bar tracery. "I guess we'll be able to see them clearly in winter when the forest loses its leaves."

"I guess you're right," she sighs disappointed before turning around and tilting her head back to be able to look at the ribbed vault. "I like what your great uncle did with this room, I'd love to do the same but it's been centuries since the Murrays live in the manor and the tower is now a cellar, warehouse and a lookout when a visit feels curious and climbs the stairs to take pictures of the landscape from the crenels. But I don't think the staircase is safe and it'd probably cost a fortune to renovate it with all the comforts, electricity, how water, heating..."

"I like your bedroom in Dunira, I don't think all your travel souvenirs would look that good in the medieval tower..."

"I love your green marble bathtub... and your massive bed..." The countess winks at me amused before jumping on the mattress, spreading her arms and legs. "It's bigger than a soccer field."

I can't help smiling while looking at her entranced. It's pretty obvious that we both feel more relaxed now that we know Williamson won't be a threat to our villages anymore, Ruby informed her family and my employees about our finding while I took a quick shower and we all had dinner in the kitchen to celebrate it before Lennox and Catriona went back to Dunira early. My neighbour told them that she wanted to stay in Falkland that night casually and her mother answered that it was a good idea given that we needed to make plans to go to Edinburgh and kick our enemy's ass. The cook, the housekeeper, the butler and the maids understood that the Dowager Countess of Dunira was given her daughter a valid excuse to spend one night with me and they decided to stick to that story to justify her presence in my castle. Although Mrs. Fraser never asked me if she should get a guest room ready for Ruby... I guess that means they know what's happening and they approve it or, at least, they trust me and let me live my private life my way.

I turn off the small lamps but leave on the string of LED lights attached to the moulding that illuminates the vault, it's a soft light, almost like candles, and allows me to see the cautious look Ruby's shooting at me when I kneel down on the mattress next to her. I place my hand on her abdomen and slide my fingers up, rubbing the cotton fabric of the T-shirt she's wearing... my T-shirt. Her nipples get hard when I circle them with my thumb before going down again, grazing her thighs gently and following the lines of some tattoos with my index.

"You look like a predator about to bite me," the countess whispers sitting up to take the garment off.

"I'd love to do that," I answer pushing her shoulder to force her to lie down on the mattress again. "Biting you here..." My knuckles graze the soft skin on her neck. "And here..." drawing with my fingers the curve of her perky breasts. "And here..." I whisper almost out of breath while my thumb reaches her pelvis and goes down to her silky thighs. "Oh God, how I'd love to bite you here..."

"Why don't you do it?" My girl asks breathing heavily while my naughty fingertips brush over her core to check if she's wet.

"Because I wouldn't be able to watch your pretty face while your body writhes in agony and that's what I intend to do tonight," I explain moving the white and blue blankets away before crawling to open one of the drawers of the nightstand. I put several objects on the mattress carefully under Ruby's watchful eye while pondering which ones I should use and in what order.

"Iselen... what are you going to do?" The countess swallows hard and stares at me cautiously, her tone of voice sets off alarm bells in my brain and I stop, hesitating.