Chapter 3: "Snake Bit"

The Ninja all slept in their room as the sun began to rise. However, they had been rudely awoken by Wu, who had walked into their room banging a cymbal.
"Evil doesn't sleep and neither should you!" He said, rather loudly, giving the cymbal another bang. All of the Ninja groaned as they stirred awake. "In order to reach your full potential, we must greet each day as an opportunity." Wu continued. (Y/N) sat up in her bed.
"Okay okay, we're up." She groaned out, eyes still shut, and her brown hair a mess.
"Yeah, but if you want us to reach full potential, shouldn't we at least get a full night of rest?" Kai said, yawning shortly after. Cole got out of bed, and stretched his back.
"You call that a rest? I think my back had more lumps than the mattress." Cole said. (Y/N) tapped his shoulder. When he looked at her, she turned around and pointed to her back.
"Do you mind?" She said. Cole, knowing what she meant, nodded and popped her back. "Thanks." She said. Jay walked into there rooms bathroom to brush his teeth.
"We were up so late, talking about how cool it is to have a new headquarters, I guess we lost track of time." He said, putting toothpaste on his toothbrush. He then started to run some water on it, not noticing that it was sand. "Since the Serpentine burned down our Monastery, I'm just glad we have a roof over our head..." He started to brush his teeth, but coughed an spit out the sand that was on his toothpaste. Zane walked into the middle of the room and began stretching.
"What is our lesson today, Sensei? Mastering the strike of the Scorpion? Or perhaps the grace of-" He was interrupted by ground breaking underneath him, and the dust around him causing him to cough.
"I think today's lesson would be chores." Wu replied.
"Chores?!" All the ninja exclaimed.
"Ninja fight, Sensei. They do not clean." Cole replied.
"In order to respect ourselves, we must respect our new home and where we are from. And this place is a long way from becoming a Ninja headquarters. I expect things to be spotless when I return. And put your backs into it." Wu said, banging the cymbal before leaving.(Y/N) grumbled.
"This place is gonna take forever to clean and fix up." She groaned.
"Unless we put more than our backs into it, huh?" Jay said in a suggestive manner. The ninja smirked at each other before splitting up.
"Ninja, go!" Cole and (Y/N) yelled. They then used their spinjitzu to clean up the trash in al the rooms. They took the trash outside and in front of the Bounty. Zane threw his Shurikens toward the walls of a room to freeze it. Kai then used his Sword on the ice.
"Ninja, go!" Both of them used Spinjitzu to melt the rest of the ice, thus cleaning the entire room. Next, Kai and Cole were trying to fix the Bounty's machines. Jay walked in the room and uncovered a HUGE computer system. He used his Nun-Chucks to fix it, giving the entire ship power. All the ninja worked together to fix the canvas.
"Ninja, go!" (Y/N) said, using her Spinjitzu to dust off the upper deck.
------------------------------------------------------
When Nya and Wu returned to the Bounty they walked into a room to see the entire place spotless. They also saw the guys playing a video game, while (Y/N) was cleaning a window.
"What took you so long?" Kai asked with a smirk, turning to his Sensei and sister.
"Wow, This place looks amazing! You guys did all this?" Nya asked, walking up to (Y/N).
"Well, ninja don't just fight, Nya. We clean." She replied, sending Cole a smug look.
"Oh, you have exceeded my expectations..."Wu said as a car honk was heard. Nya and (Y/N) looked outside the window to see a car approaching them. "...but can you keep it up?" Wu continued.
" Looks like we're about have some visitors,." Nya said, looking out the window at the approaching car.
"Yeah, make that loud visitors." (Y/N) added. Upon hearing this news, Jay sighed.
"Ugh...It's my parents. Please, if they start yapping, just don't let them going, okay? They don't know when to quit. And if you start talking then they'll start talking, and suddenly half the day is gone before you know it ends..." Jay said, as his rant began. Before he could continue though, Kai interrupted him.
"We get it! They talk a lot...." He said, making Jay shut up. "The cherry doesn't fall far from its blossom." He muttered. Then Ed and Edna, Jay's mom and dad, arrived... with a bumpy parking.
"Oh, heh. Take a note, Edna. Either better brakes or a better bumper..." Ed said to his wife, who wrote in a notpad. "Oh, will you look at all this great stuff? They can't just get rid of it. We should have brought the trailer, Edna." He said, upon seeing the trash Cole and (Y/N) took out earlier.
"This ain't a flea market, Ed. We're here for Jay." Edna reminded him. "What was that? Did you take a note?" Ed asked. "I'm writing it down, Ed." Edna replied. Jay and his friends walked outside to greet them.
"Mom! Dad! What are you doing here?" Jay said, faking a smile.
"Oh, look! It's my baby boy! It's been so long since we heard from you!" Edna gushed when she saw her son. "Ma, I called you two days ago." Jay informed. Ed let out a chuckle.
"Oh well... It's not soon enough, son. When are you coming out to the junkyard? You say you are coming an..an..and you don't." Ed asked.
"Dad...do we have to talk about the junkyard in front of my friends?" Jay groaned, noticing that his friends were now right behind him.
"He hates it when we tell people he was born in a junkyard." Edna said, turning to Jay's friends. Them she saw Nya and let out a gasp. "Oh... and who are you? You are so cute! You are just my son's type." She said, gushing over Nya.
"Mom!" Jay groaned in embarrassment.
"It's a pleasure of meeting you. I'm sure if you want, Jay can give you a tour." Nya suggested. (Y/N) wrapped her arms around Nya and leaned on her slightly.
"He worked very hard on it." She added.
"We'd love a tour!" Jay's parents exclaimed. Jay sighed in annoyance and face palmed. He then went and showed them the Bounty, ending with the bridge.
"And this the bridge. This extends into a periscope. This tells what's going on of Ninjago. And this...if a 's not giving us the answer we want, and we're late up night.." Jay explained.
"A neuro apparatus to read their minds?" Edna guessed.
"An audio appliance to make them talk?" Ed guessed.
"No, a cappuccino machine." Jay answered, pouring a cup with a smirk.
"Haha. Amazing, son! We're so proud of you." Ed replied. Cole and (Y/N) walked over to them.
"Why don't you tell them about the button?" Cole asked. "Heh heh it's not ready yet." Jay replied under his breath.
"Oh, what's the button?" Edna asked, intrigued.
"He's working on a special defense system." (Y/N) replied.
"Something every Ninja headquarters needs." Kai added.
"Oh, really? What does it do? Can I help?" Ed asked, walking up to the button. Jay, however, stopped him.
"No, it's okay. I don't need your help, dad. Let's just leave it alone. Hey, look at the time. Don't you need to get back before it gets dark? I told you, there's dangerous Serpentine out there." Jay said, trying to get his parents to leave.
"Uh, I suppose we could get back." Ed replied.
"Edna, it was a pleasure hearing about Jay's first potty time." Cole said as he and (Y/N) walked her out of the bounty.
"Oh, if you thought that was good, wait until you hear the story about the time I caught him kissing his pillow!" Edna said, making (Y/N) 'awww'. Jay groaned.
"Snakes, ma. Snakes!" He remined. "Okay, we're going. We're going." Edna said as she and Ed went back to their car. "So you promise to come to the junkyard to visit your mother and father?" She asked him, once the car was started. "Yes, I promise! But only if you leave. I don't want you to get hurt. It's getting dark. Uh, your headlights are working, right?" Jay replied. Ed turned on headlights. Everyone let out grunts as they shielded their eyes.
"Heh, like 'em? I used a little extra juice." Ed said, turning off his headlights. "Yep. Bye, son. I couldn't be more proud." He said, leaving.
"And bring Nya with you, will ya? I can see why you like her." Edna called out as they left.
"Mom!" Jay groaned.
"Now that they have left, maybe Jay can teach us the art of kissing pillows..." Wu snickered. Jay groaned and walked back into the Bounty while everyone else laughed.
------------------------------------------------------
After Jay's parents left, (Y/N) walked to his room. She saw him playing video games on his floor, and sighed, before walking in.
"You shouldn't have been so rude to your parents." She said, Jay only ignoring her. "They just wanted to see you." She continued. She noticed that Jay was still ignoring her. She scoffed and walked over to his TV, standing right in front of it. This got Jay's attention.
"Uh, do you mind?" He said. "No I don't mind. Jay you need to be more loving towards your parents. They love you and are there for you. All you've been doing is treat them like a nuisance." She replied. Jay stood up. "You don't know what its like. They are always there, embarrassing me. They cheer me on for every little thing I do and its getting annoying." Jay replied.
(Y/N) sighed. "You're right. I don't know what that is like. Because unlike you, I never had any parents to cheer me on. Jay I would give anything to have what you have." She told him. Jay's eyes widened when he realized what she meant. "I'm sorry-I-i never meant to-" Jay was cut off by (Y/N) leaving. Before she walked out of the door she stopped. "Just.. cherish what you have. Other people aren't as lucky to have those things." She said, leaving.
------------------------------------------------------
The next morning, Jay had decided to continue to work on the button. The Ninja decided to try and remind Jay about his promise to his parents.
"Sure got a lot of junk piling up. If only there was a place we could get rid of it..." Kai said to Zane, as they walked past Jay holding some junk.
"If you don't mind, I'm trying to focus." Jay said, momentarily looking up from the button, before looking back at it. Cole and (Y/N) then walked by. Cole was pretending to be on the phone, with his arm around (Y/N)'s shoulders.
"Hi, mom and dad. Of course, I'd love to visit. And I'm totally bringing (Y/N), since I know how much you like her. What kind of son would I be if I didn't want to?" Cole said, but was interrupted by Jay.
"Heheheheh. I know what you're trying to do. Okay, look, I might have promised to visit my parents, but there's a lot of stuff on my plate." Jay said, standing up and facing his friends. Suddenly Nya walked in. Jay wiped some grease off of his face and let out a nervous laugh as she approached him. "Hehe. Hi, Nya." He said.
"You gonna visit your parents, today?" Nya asked him. "Uh, sure am. Just about to leave." Jay replied. "Tell them I say hi." Nya replied, walking out of the room. The other Ninja glared at Jay after witnessing the event. "What? So my plate's not that full." Jay said. He and the other Ninja walked out side. Jay went up to his Dragon and pulled the reigns, but his dragon wouldn't budge. "Come on, Wisp. It'll be a quick visit. Just in and out, nothing more." Jay said, trying to persuade Wisp out of his stall.
"Hm, it is as I suspected. The are molting. They're shedding their scales." Wu said, walking out from behind Wisp with a giant thermometer.
"What does that mean?" Jay asked.
"Every adolescent Dragon goes through a transformation before it becomes an adult. They need to migrate east to the for their transformation." (Y/N) said, petting Ray's head. "Will we see them again?" Jay asked.
"It is hard to say. But we need to allow them to follow their path." Wu replied.
"Rocky's going east?" Cole asked, before turning to his dragon to pet him. "Say it isn't so, Rocky." Jay walked over to Nya, who was helping (Y/N) take Ray's saddle off of him.
"Well, I guess I gotta go on this long walk all by myself. Sure be nice to have company..." He said, hinting to the fact that he wanted Nya to go with him. She began to nod, but the boys answered Jay's question instead.
"Of course we'll go, buddy."
"I could use a break."
"All you had to do was ask."
(Y/N) rolled her eyes and facepalmed at her friends' ignorance, while Jay signed in annoyance. After letting the dragons fly off, the Ninja, Nya, and Wu all walked to the Junkyard. Wu played his flute while they walked, in an attempt to lighten the mood a little. Jay sighed as he watched the dragons fly off.
"Of all the days to lose our ride..." He groaned, earning a pat on the back from (Y/N)
"That flute. You've never told us why it's so special." Zane told Wu.
"Long ago there were many flutes. They were created to combat the powers of the Serpentine and drive them underground." (Y/N) replied.
"That is correct (Y/N), but over time, Ninjago's forgotten its ancestors' wisdom, and now this is the only one. " Wu added, playing the flute again.
"I get the lesson: respect your elders or else suffer the consequences. Boy, you guys are laying it on thick." Jay said, letting out a sarcastic chuckle.
"I don't know Jay, maybe you're just hearing what you need to hear." (Y/N) said. Jay rolled his eyes before he stopped walking.
"What is it?" Nya asked.
"It's quiet. My family's never quiet." Jay said, running into the Junkyard. The Ninja followed him, and (Y/N) heard some grunts coming from a locked fridge. She kicked it open and gasped.
"JAY! OVER HERE!" she yelled, gaining Jay's attention. He ran over and gasped when he saw his parents.
"What happened? Who did this?" He asked, ripping the tape off Edna's mouth.
"Sweetheart, you came!" Edna gushed. (Y/N) ripped the tape off of Ed's mouth.
"Oh, you gotta get out of here. You shouldn't have come, it's the ssssnakes!" Ed said.
"Jay, it's the bite of the Fangpyre! Once they sink their teeth, their venom can turn anything into a serpent. It's only a matter of time before your parents' transformations are complete." (Y/N) said. Awrecking ball with a face appeared and stared at the Ninja, who got in their fighting stances.
"Uh, is that wrecking ball staring at me?" Cole asked. The wrecking ball was about to hit them.
"Duck!" Jay yelled, pushing his mom out of the way. (Y/N) grabbed Ed and pulled him out of the way.
"Thankssss, dear." He groaned out.
"Don't mention it." (Y/N) said, pulling her mask down.
"Lloyd!" Wu called out, upon seeing his nephew.
"Hello, uncle. Looks like we're not the only family reunion. I'm glad you brought the Ninja. I could use some help taking out the trash. Muahaha!" Lloyd commented, letting out an evil laugh.
"If we want to turn your parents back, we need the antivenom in the staff." Nya said to Jay.
"Second dose, to the dirt!" Cole said, pushing (Y/N) away from the wrecking ball. The other ninja jumped out of the way as well, as some fangpyre hissed.
"Easier said than done, sis. We're a bit outnumbered." Kai said. Jay growled.
"Nobody messes with my family. Ninja, go!" Jay yelled, doing Spinjitzu. The other Ninja then shortly followed. (Y/N) was putting up a pretty decent fight, but soon found that she was cornered by some Fangpyre Soldiers. What she didn't see, was a Fangpyre Soldier sneaking up on her. Cole managed to see this however, and started running towards her.
"(Y/N)! Duck!" He yelled. She did so and he used Spinjitzu to knock out all of the Fangpyre around her, including the one that tried to sneak up on her.
"Thanks Cole. I owe you one." (Y/N) said. The two stared at each other and smile for a few seconds before a rock-n-roll song brought them back to reality.
"Young nephew, must I teach you whose side you should be on?" Wu called out to Lloyd, who had turned the volume up.
"Sorry, uncle. Can't hear you!" Lloyd yelled, a smug smirk on his face. Wu was distracted by Lloyd so he didn't see a Fangpyre sneaking up on him. Before the Fangpyre could bite Wu, however, he was hit in the head by a pan that Edna was holding.
"Yeah, way to go, Edna!" Ed cheered. Some Fangpyre then ran over to a giant statue of Jay and bit it, turning it into a Fangpyre robot. The robot then headed towards the Ninja, startling them.
"Ah! I'm sorry, but what is that thing?!" (Y/N) cried out from fear.
"It was supposed to be in your honor, son, but do you like it?" Ed asked Jay, bashfully.
"Thanks, but no thanks." Jay replied as he and the other Ninja turned to run away.
"Why'd you have to be born in a Junkyard?" (Y/N) asked Jay.
"I know. Tell me about it." Jay complained. The wrecking ball attack the ninja again, who all jumped out of the way and landed on the ground near by.
"Uh, wasn't there five of us?" Kai asked, noticing that Jay wasn't with them. They looked around to see that Jay was on the wrecking ball, and had jumped onto the cockpit.
"Let's see if I can work this." Jay said, moving a handle. Meanwhile, the Robot had attacked Cole, who was struggling to hold up the Robot's fist.
"Don't worry, I got it." Cole grunted out. Shortly after he said that, Jay used the wrecking ball to save him, by knocking over the Robot. "I told you, I had it." Cole complained.
"Retreat!" Lloyd yelled as he and the Fangpyre General, known as Fangtom, escaped on a Fangcopter.
"He's getting away with the staff!" Nya said, frantically. Jay sighed.
"Right now would be a good time to have those Dragons." He said.
"There is still a way." Wu encouraged. "How?" Jay asked, confused. "Part of reaching your own full potential is understanding your weapon's potential. Once it is in tune with a focused heart, its secrets and powers can be unlocked." Wu informed. "Oh, this is not the time to be cryptic." Jay replied.
"He's saying your weapons are vehicles themselves." (Y/N) translated.
"Don't tell me I have to ride this thing like a broomstick." Kai groaned, looking at his Sword.
"Jay, concentrate on unlocking your Golden Weapon. Let your heart guide you. Imagine you're taking flight." Wu said. Jay successfully turned his Nun-Chucks into The Storm Fighter.
"Whoa! Haha, did I just do that?" Jay asked, looking at his Jet in shock. Kai turned his Sword into The Blade Cycle, Zane turned his Shurikens into The Snowmobile, and Cole turned his Scythe into The Tread Mobile.
       "Ha! I hate to hurt Rocky's feelings, but I think he's just been replaced." Cole said, checking out his new ride.
      "Then don't say it so happily."(Y/N) chuckled as she hopped into Cole's vehicle.
      "Come on! Let's go!" She said, and everyone chased after Lloyd. Jay caught up with them fairly quickly, but was so fast that he zoomed right by them.

    "Whoa, what the heck was that?" Lloyd asked, not seeing Jay.
      "Oops, haha. Overshot that a little." Jay chuckled, before turning around. "Let's see what this baby can do." He said. He then pushed a button which caused the Jet to malfunction. Fangtom saw this
      "Duck!" He said, making him and Lloyd duck as Jay zoomed past. When the looked up, Canton saw that he no longer held his staff. "The Staff!" He yelled, once he realized it was gone. Meanwhile, Jay looked at his hand, shocked to see that he had actually managed to get the staff.
      "I got it?" He gasped. "I got it!" He cheered. This caused him to lose focus and the Storm Fighter disappeared. "Uh-oh." He whimpered, before screaming as he fell.
      "Jay! You have to stop screaming and concentrate!"
(Y/N) said, as she sa her friend falling. "I can't!" Jay yelled. "Agh, he i to scared to summon his vehicle. Guys, I think we're gonna have to catch him." (Y/N) said, not taking her eyes off Jay. The boys then started to argue over who would catch him.
"I got him! I got him!"
"No, we got him!"
"He's mine!"
      Their arguing cause them all to lose focus, and their vehicles to disappear.
      "Nya! He's all your's!" (Y/N) said as she saw Nya zoom past them in Ed and Edna's car. Jay continued to scream as he got closer to the ground, but was luckily caught by Nya in the car.
      "Heh, nice." He said, recovering from his fall.
      "Aw, I knew I liked thissss girl." Edna Gushed.
      "Everyone!" Fangtom said. "Attack!" He ordered, and the Fangpyre started heading towards the ninja. The boys tried to summon their vehicles, but nothing was happening.
      "Huh? Why isn't this thing working?"
      "Your weapon is merely an extension of your mind." (Y/N) said, hopping in the car next to Nya.
      "(Y/N) is right.If your mind is immobile, so is your weapon." Wu replied.
      "Oh, boy. Oh, gosh. Oh, golly, oh, duh." Ed panicked. "Get in, boys!" He said, the ninja following suit.
      "We have to get back to headquarters!" Jay saids they drove off.
      "Go! They're getting away!" Lloyd ordered. The Ninja manage to get back to the Bounty before the Fangpyre, but they weren't that far behind.
      "Come with me. Once we reverse the venom, we can fix you." Nya said, taking Ed and Edna into the Bounty. The other Ninja ran to the control bridge.
      "Man the stations, everyone!"(Y/N) ordered, taking the wheel.
      "Jay, we better hurry." Kai rushed, looking out a window to see the Fangpyre catching up.
      "I've been waiting for this moment." Jay said, smirking. He pressed the button, but nothing happened.
      "Come on Jay, they're gaining on us! What's going on?!" (Y/N) said, turning towards Jay. Meanwhile, Nya had given given both Ed and Edna cups that held the antivenin.
      "Bottoms, up!" Ed said as he and Edna drank the antivenin. They both laughed as they turned back to humans. Ed walked over to Jay who was messing with the button.
      "Any minute now!" (Y/N) urdged.
      "Ugh, I don't get what's wrong. I spent forever on this. It's supposed to work!" Jay complained.
      "Uh, son? Maybe I can help?" Ed offered. Jay gasped when he looked at his dad. "Dad! You're okay!" Jay said. "You're darn tooting. Oh, let's have a look." Ed said, before going fix some wiring. "Oh, yeah. Uh-huh. Oh, that should do it. Now try it." Ed said, stepping away from the button. Jay pressed it, and the Bounty opened it's wings and rocket boosters, which allowed it to fly away.
      "No, no, no, no!" Lloyd groaned, coughing out some sand that got in his lungs. Because of how unbalanced the Bounty was at first, Nya dropped the staff and it fell out of the Bounty and into the sand, after hitting a Fangpyre soldier in the head. Fangtom picked up the staff before glaring in the Ninja's direction.
     "These Ninja..." He said. "...they must be stopped."
      "Oh, tell me about it." Lloyd groaned, looking up with a defeated look.
------------------------------------------------------
      Meanwhile, back on the Bounty. (Y/n) ad flown the Bounty faraway from the Serpentine. She put the Bounty on autopilot, before walking over to Jay and hi parents.
      "We'll get you back to the Junkyard just as soon as we see the coast is clear." She told them.
      "But stay as long as you'd like. It's nice having you here." Jay added.
      "Oh, take a note Edna: of all our inventions, this one is our greatest!" Ed said, putting his hand on Jay's shoulder.
      "I already know, dear." Ends replied, tossing away her note pad. The trio then did a group hug. Jay looked at (Y/N), who smiled at him, before going to steer the Bounty again.