two

no comments or votes = no updates. 🙉

"You liked chilling with them? I got other friends so, I don't chill with them all the time but don't let that stop you." Mari said as she handed me some sleep clothes. Feeling a headache coming on again, I picked up my water bottle and drunk it. "They cool, I don't mind being around them at all. Lou remind me of my friend from Miller's." I told her, sitting on the couch and turning on the tv.

"You had friends? Tell me about them." She said, sounding very interested in my business. "Friend. She's everything to me, my sister. When I cried, she cried. My toys were hers. She'll be getting out soon, she's from Memphis too." I briefly told her and she nodded.

"Y'know I'm sorry for acting like you didn't exist but I thought you were in there for life.."

"That's no reason to forget your fucking sister! Y'all were going to leave me there to rot had those doctors had not called. That's foul, even daddy found a way to talk to me despite his circumstances. So I could care less 'bout yo' excuse. I accept your apology though."

"You don't understand Maz, I asked for you everyday for two years. She never told me so I gave up. I didn't know until our 13th birthday." She told me making me shake my head. Been there for 10 and she found out 4 years ago and still didn't hear from
her after that. "And you still couldn't give a fuck, I would never leave you somewhere to rot! Stop talking to me before I get mad, real talk."

"I love you and you know that."

"Not as much as I love you but that's fine because it's life. We still twins, shit change nothing. I just can't believe y'all- my family would do that shit to me." Standing up, she tried to plead with me some more but it went to death ears. Tuning her out I stood up and looked into her eyes, making her shut up instantly. Mari had always been scared of me, even when we were younger and talking to walls and air made it no better.

"Now, if you would excuse me. I'm going to take a shower." I mumbled, snatching the clothes and making my way to the bathroom. Fishing that
money and phone from my pockets, I went to the music app and pressed shuffle. Ja, Zam and Jairmy all shared their playlist with me.

'this fa lil ben shootout anywhere you know that we with it.'

Nodding along, I turned on the shower making sure it was the right temperature. The song still played as I stripped before grabbing the rose quartz face wash I knew my mom got for me while humming along to the tune. Looking into the mirror for the first time in a while, I smiled despite how I was feeling inside. My skin is a perfect shade of chocolate, my eyes a honey brown and I was still a little chubby but overall I had filled out
pretty nicely.

Most of the time, we wore sweats so
I never knew how good I actually looked. Alot had changed out here but I did too, its either I suck it up and learn or let my situation get the best of me which was not an option.
I survived at a mental facility, I can survive out here. Getting in the shower, I felt the hot water relax my body.

'finally got you out my bed, but i.. still can't get you out my head, ooh ooh.'

Mumbling along to that lil part, I bopped and washed over my body as the man rapped fluently over the beat. Once I reached the end, I laughed at the voicemails especially when she got to threatening him. Bending down I started to make sure my legs and feet were properly washed but I popped right back up feeling a smack on my ass. "Who's there?!" I called out, slowly reaching for the curtain.