Although the sudden itching in my claws and fangs showed me exactly what my anger wanted.

Payback.

His panic changed to annoyance within a split second, honestly catching me off guard.

"For the love of God, Nico do you know how much shit I've done in order to get to the situation I'm trying to take you to? I didn't set all of these things up and spend my days away from the girl I love trying to keep you alive and stable just for you to be a stubborn asshole about it, so shut up, put those fucking claws away, trust me for literally just 10 minutes and let me take you out of here."

I stared in shock for a couple seconds.

I don't think he's ever talked to me like that.

Still, the back of my mind was beyond wary.

I listened to him regardless, retracting my claws and offering my wrists.

"Thank you," He quipped, inserting the key into my shackles again.

I don't know what the hell Xander was trying to pull off here.

He must know how bad of an idea this was.

I had become well beyond satisfied never facing my father again.

I looked down as one fo the shackles snapped open with a clang that echoed through the cells, Xander promptly focusing on the other one.

The feeling of it off did cause an ease that I wasn't expecting.

Xander spoke again.

"Look, I can only begin to imagine what you must be feeling, or what you want to do once you see him, but just try to keep it contained for two minutes? After that do whatever you see fit."

What the hell was he gonna say to me that could possibly make this any better.

He couldnt offer me anything as a consultation to what he's done.

I decided to keep my words to myself this time, just letting him continue.

The other snapped off a few moments later, Xander grabbing my hand and pulling me up not even a second later.

And just as soon he began walking, practically dragging me behind him.

"So does this mean I'm done with this cell," I asked as we weaved our way to the elevator.

"I can only imagine so," He spoke the second half of his thought quieter than the first, "It'd be kind of weird if you got sent back down after this."

Okay...?

Whatever the hell that means.

Xander hit the button in the elevator as he walked in, not even looking to make sure that the one he pushed was right

I just stared ahead as the elevator moved, a wide range of emotions mixing within me.

"Sheesh, you look like shit," Xander commented, his hands suddenly trying to fix my hair.

I swatted his hands away.

"The hell are you doing?"

He didn't answer, just shrugged his shoulders.

"Suit yourself man, just trying to help."

I tisked, running my own hand through my hair once just to get it out of my face.

The elevator dinged and Xander wasted no time.

Grabbing my wrist again, he walked through the doors before they were even fully open again.