CHAPTER 30

Nora set the drinks on the table, before getting herself comfortable in the nearest seat, placing a pillow on her back. She vibed to the song,singing loudly at parts that she knew by heart,humming at ones that flew past her.Joe sat on the opposite couch,smiling while watching her struggle.

"You know I could set it to a slower pace for you to catch up,right?"He began.

"No,that's not necessary ,unless you can rap equally fast."

"Is that a dare?"Joe asked,getting into the mood.

"Nope,yes,maybe, the question is...can you?Without breaking a sweat?"Nora was trying to get to his ego,and was almost succeeding.

"Yes,watch me."Joe said,picking up the remote to use it as his makeshift microphone and started jamming to Godzilla,stopping for some air once a while.He missed a few lines,making Nora burst out in laughter,her point easily proven but he got the last verse effortlessly,getting him back into the game .Almost instantaneously, the door bell rung and Joe dropped the 'mic' before going to get it,making it as much dramatic as possible.

"Got visitors today?"Nora asked,picking up the remote."Because if you do,you'll miss one hell of a performance."

"Nope,just continue,it's just the delivery."He said,handing the guy ten bucks.

"Food,that's right.It's about time.I'm hungry by the way.How did you know that?"She said,beaming.

"I told you I had other means,but this is not it though."

"Oh please,don't.This could work too,but you'll have to pay me either way,no negotiations."

"Don't worry about that,you're going to love what is coming next.I promise you that."

"I better love it,or else..."Nora cautioned but didn't finish her statement,leaving Joe hanging intentionally.She loved that."What are you staring at?"

"I'm just waiting for the owner to take his clothes off,because I'm a clothing line,just left in the air."

"Don't worry,let's eat,shall we?"She said,jumping up and heading over to the table.She picked the chicken burger,knowing  very well that she'll get her meat later,probably before she was to meet Kate to do finishing touches on  the packing.Joe,on the other hand,took the remaining meat burger and sat down ,eating it eagerly, spilling some cheese onto his trousers.He looked up to Nora,as a nasty thought crossed his mind,and eventually hers too.

"Oh hell no,food first,food later."Nora said,biting her lower lip before taking a sip of her smoothie.

"Whatever you say,miss.Let's eat first and then eat later."Joe said,laughing.He finished his smoothie in one long draught,gently tapping on the cup as he watched Nora devour her burger excitedly.

"If you keep on staring,I might just choke on this."Nora said as Joe's eyes widened,and it took her a minute before she registered what he had thought." Fudge,that too."

"It's just that you look very cute while eating,just chewing and vibes.A giant wouldn't hesitate to eat all that cuteness.I could watch you all day and never get tired."Joe said,taking her hand in his while she drank from the side of her mouth.

"Cuteness alertttttt!"Nora exclaimed,making Joe smile even harder.

"But I want to tell you something,or show you something,well,both.It's telling and showing too."Joe started.

"From now henceforth,call me a rabbit.I'm all ears."

"You're such a vibe.Where have you been all this while?"Joe said, eliciting a chuckle from her."Anyway,I wanted to tell you something today,or to talk to you about something.I've said 'something' a lot,right?"

"Hey,calm down,just let it out the way it is.It probably won't change anything."Nora soothed him,rubbing his hand slowly.

"It might,but I'm not the best at these kind of conversations either.Here goes nothing."Joe looked deep into her eyes and swallowed hard."I have been thinking about us a lot lately and I wanted to talk about it.As in us us,we,the thing we are. I like you,I really do,a lot in fact.I always did,ever since you came to the party a few years back.And when you challenged me to that dance off,damn,I liked you even more.But we know who won that,right?We're even now,you won yesterday's dance fair and square.But that's not my point right now.We've always been very much competitive,and I wouldn't want that to define us.We aren't in a competition,there's no trophy to be awarded,if there is,maybe it's your heart."Joe held her fingertips."I love everything about you,even to the smallest details.I love the way you eat,the way you talk your mind out,the way you are just you.I love all that.I'd never wish to lose you,maybe it's a cliche,but I really mean it.I would love you to be there,by my side,through thick and thin,through the ups and downs,always,and for sure I'll reciprocate the energy you give,like yin and yang,we'll be that balanced.I'll always strive to make you a better version of yourself,and make you do better in everything you do.I won't profess allthat stuff about good times,but I promise you that I'll be there when you feel you are on your lowest.Heck I'll send you my bloopers to cheer you up when you are sad.I will be there,by the hospital bed,taking care of you whenever you get sick. I'm not saying that I'll get you pads during your period,but that's still open for discussion.One thing I'm sure I'll do is I'll make you a fire playlist to help you get through that.I'm open to sit down and talk things out with you whenever we disagree.That's a probably huge commitment but I'm willing to take the risk with you.I love you.What do you say about it?"

"Whoaa.."Nora exhaled,feeling the edges of Joe's hands,before holding them tight."I don;t even know where to start."

"It's okay,I just wanted to let that out first."Joe said while standing up,heading to retrieve his giift."As you think it over,it's the something part now.Don't move."

Nora placed her head into her now empty hands,bewildered by Joe's unaanounced proclamation of love,her appetite had disappeared making her stare at what was left of her burger passively.Joe returned a while later holding a wrapped box,giving it to her to open it.

"That's for you."

"Aaww,thank you.What's in it?"

"If I tell you,it wouldn't be a surprise anymore."Joe said,handing her a pair of scissors.

Just as she was about to open it,she received a call from Kate,looking at Joe as if asking for permission,which he willingly granted as he excused himself to go to the kitchen.

***END OF CHAPTER 30***

Love is in the airrrrr🤗🤩😍

Day 2 and 3 are intertwined.Another chapter later today.