Prologue

Kopa's droopy eyes slowly opened. The seven-year-old boy was unsure of why. As his ears and brain woke up, too, he began to make out noises. There was talking, coming from the first floor.

He pulled himself up, resisting every impulse to go back to sleep. He dragged himself out of bed, and went over to his sister and brother's room.

"Wake up," he whispered.

His five-year-old sister, Kiara, moaned weakly. His little baby brother Kion jumped up in a hurry, but fell to the floor from exhaustion. He picked himself up, as did his sister.

"What's all this about?" asked Kiara.

"Something's up downstairs. Grandpa and Grandma are here, and there's something urgent."

His siblings nodded. "Follow me," instructed Kopa.

The trio crept downstairs at a snail's pace, trying not to step on any squeaky boards. They peered over the staircase rails.

Down below were their parents, Simba and Nala, talking to Grandpa Mufasa and Grandma Sarabi.

"Dad?" asked Kopa.

Their parents looked up at the staircase and saw their three children staring down at them. Simba and Nala excused themselves and walked upstairs.

"Daddy, what's going on?" asked Kiara.

"I, well- we were going to explain in the morning, but-"

Simba stuttered.

"Me and your father have to go on a quick business trip," explained Nala. "Grandpa Mufasa and Grandma Sarabi will look after you, just for a few days. It's nothing serious. And you love playing with Grandma and Grandpa, don't you?"

Little Kopa nodded eagerly.

"Don't leave, daddy!" pleaded Kiara. She hugged Simba, obviously on the verge of tears.

"It's okay, Kiara. We'll be back before you know it," said Simba.

"Can I go with you?" asked Kion.

Simba wrapped his arms around the three-year-old Kion. "I'm sorry, but this is for grownups only. We'll be back before you know it."

The family all hugged each other for a few seconds before separating.

"Alright, now off to bed, you crazy little lions!" ordered Nala. The siblings obliged, and went to their rooms.

Simba and Nala checked to make sure nobody was looking, and then ran off to the mountains. They leaped over boulders, vaulted logs and slid under fallen trees. After a five minute sprint up a 40-degree slope, they reached the top of the mountain.

 After a five minute sprint up a 40-degree slope, they reached the top of the mountain

"What's the situation?" Simba asked. He and Nala entered a large, cavernous chamber within the alien ship.

"Rita is already on her way to create Goldar, you need to get there quickly,"said Alpha 5, the robot assistant to Zordon. Alpha 5 had also helped Simba and his team train when they first got their powers.