oo. perfection is a curse

───── ⋆⋅☾✯☽⋅⋆ ─────
Prologue~
Perfection is a Curse
───── ⋆⋅☾✯☽⋅⋆ ─────

"SAKURA, YOU'RE LITERALLY PERFECT!"

Sakura Takahashi had heard those words millions of times. It was such a boring, repetitive statement. With long, shining dark brown hair and matching eyes, straight A's, popularity, and beauty, Sakura was greatly envied and admired by her female peers.

And she hated it.

Why is it, that always in my reincarnations, I'm like this? Why do I always play a large role, or am the perfect person? The main protagonist or antagonist? For once, I just do not want to be in the spotlight... for once, I want to be normal.

Minerva told her that it was impossible, so why was is that Sakura Takahashi had always achieved the impossible in her previous lives, yet always failed to accomplish something as simple—something as stupid as this?

The fates must hate me.

And perhaps they did.

"Sakura, have you read this novel yet? It's getting really popular on the internet! You should check it out! You want some water?"

"Sure, thank you, Akari. Hmm, the Awakened? Sounds interesting, I suppose..."

And Sakura had known that the water her best friend had given her was poisoned, but had gone along with it... just to move on to her next life, because this life was the usual bore. Besides, her parents in this lifehad  practically abandoned her, so what was the point? Perfection was but a curse.

And the last memory of her life as Sakura Takahashi was the last page of the novel [The War of Love].

Sakura was well aware of her friend's murderous intentions, but had no idea that she would be reincarnated as Isis Eiarne, a character in the novel she had been reading just before her death...