Chapter Four, "Combined Arms"

"Void Corp announces its yearly earnings this morning, quadrupling expectations. Their stock skyrockets up fifty percent overnight with multi millionaires being made left and right. This is truly unheard of in our history..."

The small bakery shop was providing temporary rest to around seven people all whom were watching the television closely. Just outside the windows the restless city of New York was as active as ever. Full of amps and volts travelling all throughout the city. Rai-Ki was almost joyful about coming to America, if only it wasn't to escape his attackers. He would have defeated them sure, for he was an exemplary fighter who had almost fully mastered his gift. A gift his god and creator had given to him since birth, to bring vengeance to this horrid race. His fingers twitched in the open pockets of his hoodie, a kill was upon him. Like always his god showed him exactly who his target was to be, a young woman stood up from a table only a few feet away. Her eyes glanced over to him and immediately he felt the sparks in his hands, this was his next kill.

He followed, at a distance of course, down the street and to Times Square where she walked onto the large red staircase which Rai-Ki had never even seen before. He would have taken the time to criticize America for wasting such a pretty location on ugly designs, but his focus was on the kill. The sun shone down on the innumerous amount of people all over the side walk and center area. His hands started to sizzle from the voltage rushing through, his god wanted the kill now. With a practiced motion, both his hands flew out of their respective pockets and sent forth enough raw electric energy to power the city they were in. His target flipped around like she expected the attack and absorbed the attack in her own hands, now it all made sense to Rai-Ki. His god chose her for a reason, a test of his skill, a test to maintain his role as the executioner for him.

"Nice to meet you Rai-Ki!" Even past the screams of everyone around them, her voice still managed to be clear. She waved a hand towards the parked cars on the street and just like his move in Tokyo, she sent them towards him. Rai-Ki smirked and waved them away, sending a charge which told their power steering to lurch the wheels left and right.

"Who are you?" He demanded, the people around them had stopped running and instead chose to take video and pictures of them.

"I'm offended Rai! I'm Copia... Ring a bell?" She started walking towards him with a skip in her step.

"Afraid not." 

Suddenly the phones on every onlooker were ripped out of their hands as they flew towards Copia, rapidly they surrounded her like a swarm of bees. 

"How good's your eyes? Copia!"

Rai-Ki snapped his fingers and the flashlights of every phone turned on with their brightest setting, Copia shielded her eyes but the sudden burst of light still managed to stumble her. This lapse in defense was all Rai-Ki needed to take advantage, the phones stayed while he rushed over and grabbed her by the neck. Visible currents of electricity could be seen searing through her skin as he began pushing every little bit of power he could into her. Police sirens wailed around them as the NYPD finally arrived at the scene, surrounding Times Square.

"Drop the phones and lay on the ground!" The loud speaker commanded. Rai-Ki needed to kill her fast before he was riddled with lead, he just needed more power. 

"Rai-Ki, stop this! I am not here to fight you, we need to help each other!" Her words came out strained. Instead of responding he reached out with his left hand towards the billboards which he visibly pulled electricity from. Sparks exploded out of them, showering the police officers, all while solid beams of lightning shot into him. Before his anticipated moment of sending all of that new power into Copia, and invisible shockwave exploded which promptly launched him across the street and into a police vehicle.