9. The Market

"Are you not finished, yet?" Wei Zilin asked when the time for the class was over. She walked to Wei Liuying's direction with a frown on her face. If not because they have to come home together, it was clear that Wei Zilin would have long asked the coach to bring her back home first.

"I'm almost done."

Wei Liuying was using a cursive that was a bit smaller than her usual writing. The writing looked messier because Wei Liuying was hurrying, but it was still readable. Though, the teacher would need to put a bit more effort to recognize the writing.

Looking at the messy cursive, Wei Zilin's mouth sneered to form disdain. In their residence, the worst among the three of them were Wei Xiao Hua followed by Wei Liuying. It was to the point that even their father always felt exasperated when he saw the progress of his two daughters.

"Hurry up. I'm hungry."

"Yes."

Even though Wei Zilin was really impolite, Wei Liuying didn't mind in the slightest bit. The three of them have to go home together, so if someone got punished, the others have to wait. Because of that, Wei Liuying hurriedly finished the copying.

"Teacher You, I have finished."

"Bring it to me."

Teacher You took the bamboo scroll and looked at the writing. Seeing the messy writing, she sighed a bit. At the very least, it was still easy to read because the line was neat, and the writing was correct. Looking at Wei Zilin, who was already impatient, Teacher You accepted it.

She couldn't understand how these two girls could be so different when they all came from the same household.

"Alright, you can leave."

"Thank you, Teacher You."

The two girls walked out of the room. Wei Xiao Hua was in a different classroom because she's two years older compared to the two of them. They rarely met with each other since the class was always separated.

Wei Xiao Hua was sitting near the carriage with her servant behind her, holding an umbrella. It was nearly evening, but the sun was still glaring hot above them. Many other girls were also trying to evade the sun as they walked under the shades.

"Second Sister, Third Sister," Wei Xiao Hua greeted when she saw the two of them. "Is the class difficult today?"

"Third Sister is getting punished again," Wei Zilin said. Her tone was filled with mockery even though her expression was still fairly polite. "Did you manage to pass the teacher's strict assessment?"

"Fortunately, I'm fine," Wei Xiao Hua replied with a smile.

Wei Zilin looked at Wei Xiao Hua with confusion in her eyes. After all, she knew that she had to wait for her two siblings over and over. It was to the point that it has become a habit that whenever they came to the academy together, the other two would be punished.

Did Wei Xiao Hua wake up from the wrong side of the bed today?

It was extremely rare to see her go out of the class without getting punished at all.

Wei Liuying's gaze flickered, but she refrained from saying anything. Looking at the calm yet determined gaze on Wei Xiao Hua's eyes, she felt a sense of danger from her. It was as if a sleeping tiger was slowly making her way out after the door was forcefully opened.

"Let's go back home."

"I want to visit the market today," Wei Xiao Hua said with a smile. "It has been some time since the last time I bought something for the New Year."