6. History

Wei Liuying spent the entire day to read the books. She didn't have any embroidery equipment because her mother would keep it away and only handed her those books. After all, Feng Chun wished for her daughter to help her son in his study in order to surpass the older brother.

"Miss, have you done studying? It's already late," Xiao Qing informed from outside.

"I'm done. You can come in."

Xiao Qing pushed the door open. Seeing the bamboo scroll neatly on Wei Liuying's table, Xiao Qing knew that her Miss had already finished summarizing the key points of the book. This was Wei Liuying's daily work, summarizing everything for Wei Hong Zheng to help him in his study.

"Send this to Servant Huo," Wei Liuying said simply. Huo is her brother's closest servant and also the one who arranged everything for Wei Hong Zheng.

"Miss, is it not a waste to give this to him?" Xiao Qing looked at the writing and pouted. It was so neat and organized.

Wei Liuying shook her head. "I don't have any use for the note anymore. Besides, what's the use of women to have this kind of knowledge?"

"That's..."

"Give it to Huo and ask Xiao Yu to bring food. I'm going to eat dinner."

"Yes, Miss."

Wei Liuying stood up and stretched her body while Xiao Yu entered with the tray of food. The latter smiled. "Miss has a good figure."

"You can also have better figure if you train," Wei Liuying said.

Xiao Yu pouted. "But training is so hard. I don't want to have my body covered in sweat after all day long."

"You little," Xiao Qing poked Xiao Yu forehead. "You're so lazy. Why don't you start to learn how to clean the entire quarter to practice your arms?"

"Ah, please have mercy."

The quarter was quite big. If she had to be the one to clean up the entire quarter, she would end up with aching bodies.

Wei Liuying shook her head as a faint smile was formed on the corner of her lips. "Just help me to stitch the clothes, Xiao Yu. Some parts are ripped after my practice with Second Brother."

"Yes, Miss."

Seeing that Wei Liuying could smile again, the two of them heaved a sigh of relief. It was rare to see their Miss could relax her expression in the residence, so they always tried to lift up her mood whenever it was possible.

As Xiao Yu served the dinner, Xiao Qing took the bamboo scroll and silently left the room. She headed to the kitchen to inform Xiao Yu before delivering the bamboo scroll. Internally, she was truly tempted to just throw it away because she didn't wish to see Wei Hong Zheng used it. However, doing that would simply aggravate the situation.

With no other choice, she could only deliver the bamboo scroll as she was tasked.

Wei Hong Zheng was inside his room, reading the book with his teacher helping him. The teacher, Teacher Luo, was already feeling exasperated when he saw Wei Hong Zheng's progress. He could barely understand everything that he taught even though he had deliberately slowed down his teaching.

"Teacher Luo, I still don't understand," Wei Hong Zheng said weakly.

Teacher Luo was a middle-aged man in his forties. His hair was mostly white, and there were already a lot of wrinkles in his face. When he heard Wei Hong Zheng's words, he felt like smacking this boy's head several times.

"Which part?" Teacher Luo asked in a low tone.

They were only learning history, but Wei Hong Zheng seemed to be slow when it came to analyzing everything that was written there.